Weird phone call from "TTR"

Discussion in 'Truck Forum Information Center' started by 4wayflashers, Jan 1, 2021.

1. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    I've never called any TTR member and no one on TTR has my phone number.
    I don't have a personal phone; my wife has one and one of my sons has one, but I don't.
    She gets upset because when I leave the house, I refuse to take her phone so she can reach me. Sometimes she forces the phone into my hand, so I leave it in the garage. I hate phones.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2021
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    That's correct. Also, I don't have a foreign accent, but do have a Tennessee southern drawl.
    Does a number show when those calls are made? Shouldn't a number show as to where the call is from?

Last edited: Jan 2, 2021
  4. Badmon

Badmon Medium Load Member

Oct 6, 2014
    Deep south
    This made me laugh out loud. I appreciate it

650cat425, D.Tibbitt and Chinatown Thank this.
  5. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    It was the same when we lived in China. Met a guy there from Rochester, NY and he and I would go motorcycle riding. She'd shove the phone at me, so I would leave it in the garage also. My buddy would put a dead battery in his phone so his wife couldn't pester him.
    One time they were trying to track us down and they heard a phone ringing and traced the ringing to our garage. So, yeah, this has been a headache for years.

6. Badmon

Badmon Medium Load Member

Oct 6, 2014
    Deep south
    :biggrin_2559: youre dropping gems i need to take notes

7. Corn-Fed

Corn-Fed Light Load Member

Dec 24, 2016
    Big Clifty, Ky
    @Chinatown you are a never ending source of wisdom. Accidently leave the phone in the garage. I love it.

8. Jenn72

Jenn72 Medium Load Member

Jun 7, 2019
    I haven't. The number that called me was 682-267-3005.

It was on 28 Dec @ 0714 & 0716.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2021
  9. Sirscrapntruckalot

Sirscrapntruckalot Road Train Member

Far as the phone number shown....it's easy to spoof. A ton of free apps and pay for ones that allow you to do it. I can be in the same room, call you from my phone with you watching and it'll show up as whatever location I set it to.

It's very easy and comes built in to a lot of cell phones. You can do the same with emails but it's easier to see the "spoof" in a email if you know where to look, etc etc.

I don't answer calls from numbers I don't know. Sure, I miss some calls but the smart ones know how to send a text, or leave a voicemail. The dumb ones just get blocked. My life will continue on if I miss your call.

:)

Sirscrapntruckalot - Unsolicited calls are the worse, but it can be fun to mess with them back.

10. Happily Retired

Happily Retired Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    Doesn't surprise me. Just another gimmick to get a driver, and what kind of moron would say, "why yes, I AM looking for a job, how did you know"? And the scary part? These people get results from offers like this.

650cat425 and Jenn72 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Draft saved Draft deleted