Well Folks, I'm Leaving KLLM!!!

Discussion in 'KLLM' started by newbiewannadoitright, Nov 27, 2009.

1. newbiewannadoitright

newbiewannadoitright "Right Wing Nut Job"

Sep 26, 2007
    Cajun Land

To be honest, I would jump on the lease as soon as possible. I can't remember how long you have to be on your solo after your upgrade but it's only like a month or so. I would sign up for the lease program as soon as you get an upgrade and go for it. The worst that could happen, is that you could decide in a few months or a year that you don't want to be a driver anymore and quit. You can walk away from the truck and lease. You just loose everything you put into it. But the pay is better and most of the lease guys get the best runs and miles from what I've seen. If I had known, I would have gone on the lease right away. Some people say wait and try driving for a while, but what the heck. If you walk away from it, at least your pay was probably better that being a company driver. Just me though. Ask Toad and talk to others. They may have different opinions. You can wait 6 months or a year and see what you want to do. Either way, eventually I would definitely go on the lease.

Jarhed1964 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Skunk_Truck_2590

Skunk_Truck_2590 Road Train Member

Feb 16, 2007
    Stonewall, LA.
    Thanks for the info. I've been with it a year and a half now as a company driver but want to pursue more. However there were a few thing's that scared me away from leasing. Guess I'll just have to go for it and hope it works out.

4. Jarhed1964

Jarhed1964 Road Train Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Charlotte, NC
  5. Biscuit75

Biscuit75 Road Train Member

That's the only way to fly!

I went back to hauling gas in late October after over a year out of it because I was injured in a non work related accident then laid off. All summer while I was back OTR all I wanted was back hauling gas. It finally happened. Tanker drivers are a different breed. I believe we are more highly skilled, trained and professional than the average driver. If you try to do this aspect of trucking and you are not, you will not last long.

6. Belton Bandit

Belton Bandit Light Load Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Belton,Texas
    SKUNK TRUCK , I was wondering who you were with now? Sounds like you regreted your choice. Me being in school looking who to go with and totally confused who would be a good choice, thought you could help eliminate one.:biggrin_25512:

7. JimTheHut

JimTheHut Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2009
    Central Ohio-Go Bucks!
    How big of a company is KLLM?

8. ChromeDome

ChromeDome Road Train Member

Jun 10, 2007
    Lakeland, FL
    1386 total registered power units under there dot number, 1235 drivers.
    This was the average for the last 3 months from safestat.
    So not a huge company, but about average for a large one.
    KLLM use to be a great company back in the early 90s, I am glad to see that they are still an ok place to start.

JimTheHut Thanks this.
  9. Belton Bandit

Belton Bandit Light Load Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Belton,Texas
    Does KLLM require you to have the hazmat endoursement already before starting orientation? Also do you need a visa before orientation? My school has us there at 7am and don't get out till 5pm Monday thru Friday. That doesn't give me time to take the hazmat test or get a visa until I graduate. The school told us to take the hazmat test in our local town since it took like 3 months to arrive and picked it up at the same DPS office we took the test at.

10. The "G"

The "G" Bobtail Member

Dec 3, 2009
    warner robins, ga
    If it helps any, I took my hazmat test and went for fingerprinting on the same day. I had my letter in 7 business days. I didn't go immediately to get my endorsement on license because the letter tells you to wait and make sure state has info in computer. test was relatively simple and fingerprinting was painless.

11. Bigowl

Bigowl Light Load Member

Nov 25, 2009
    Dallas, Texas
    Could any KLLM drivers tell me something about KLLM either good or bad. how's the miles, equipment, dispatchers. I was considering going with KLLM a while back but, it's not much information on them out there. Also, what is their policy for inverters or do they run APU's. Do they allow for idling when needed or are they strict. Thanks for the information any and all drivers can tell me. . . STAY SAFE OUT THERE

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.