Well here i go........again Werner

Discussion in 'Werner' started by scurvydog, Feb 21, 2010.

1. 18Wheels&DozenRoses

18Wheels&DozenRoses Light Load Member

Feb 15, 2010
    Asheville, NC
    There was a coupon for the Purex sheets in our Sunday paper buy one get one free so I tried them and they are great. I was really surprised they worked so well.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. notarps4me

notarps4me Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ
    History and mistakes have a way of repeating themselves....:biggrin_2559: Why do some guys keep getting remarried? LOL

4. brsims

brsims Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Meadville, PA
    Depends on how long ago the rehires worked for Werner. If they're last experience was when C.L. still ran the company, they may still have positive memories of the company. I was a rehire for Werner (first worked there in 2003, returned in 2007) and I went back because Werner kept me running the first time I was there. Don't worry, the rehires will experience an eye-opening event, and then be looking for escape before long.

5. tyler trucker

tyler trucker Bobtail Member

Feb 26, 2010
    la harpe,il
    if u are a exprienced driver does wenger still put u with a trainer or how does that work

6. brsims

brsims Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Meadville, PA
    Depends on how much experience, and how recent. Werner would rather put you in with a trainer, since they can run the truck as a team operation, and keep you at training pay ($350 last I heard).

7. BigBluePeter

BigBluePeter Heavy Load Member

Aug 8, 2009
    The problem with werner isnt that they are a god awful operation, its that they dont pay worth a S---. I liked how they could keep me moving most of the time and how they maintained thier equiptment (minus front bumpers lol). I liked the freedom to fuel at any of the major truck stops for the most part. (I prefer Petro) For me if the pay wasnt horrible and they could have kept me in trainees Id still be there.

8. scurvydog

scurvydog Light Load Member

Apr 24, 2007
    Northwest Indiana
    Well Ive been on the road with my trainer for four days now. I am VERY pleased with everything so far. I got super lucky and was assigned a trainer that I get along with very well. We happen to have alot in common and are forming a good friendship. We shower every day and he lets me drive the way I want to so long as I do so in a safe manner. Im very happy to be back behind the wheel again. I am proud to say that my skills have not left me. I have done alot of backing so far with no problems. My trainer is happy he only has to learn me only the company specific things like the logging and Werner's various mysterious ways. They are the typical big box company from what I can tell. They will let you sit on a load if you dont raise some serious hell. I do have to say that so far all my expectations have ben exceeded. This is so much better than Prime and USA. I cant say that I can see myself being here for more than a year due to their sorry pay scale, but they seem to keep the drivers moving within reason. My trainer is in the TCU division, so I will be able to go into reefers if I want. I think I will atleast give it a try. They have alot of dedicated TCU frieght around my house, so it could work out well for me. After being shat on so much by the trucking industry Ive finally found some positives. It makes a huge difference being with a trainer who knows how to stay positive out here. Now I can take that and apply it to how I operate my own truck. Since my trainer is TCU we are running our butts off which means I should be done in about two weeks. Also, my trainer is going to try and let me stop in and see my family this week too. I cant say enough about how decent of a guy he is. Im loving bein back out here.

9. wpmclam

wpmclam Light Load Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Venus, TX
    Only thing I really like about werner is that they have a few KW900's. Always wanted to drive one of those.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.