Well, it did not take long

Discussion in 'ELD Forum | Questions, Answers and Reviews' started by DUNE-T, Dec 20, 2019.

1. PE_T

PE_T Road Train Member

I’m going to speak to RoadLaw about this violation. Maybe I can have it overturned. I wasn’t a member at RoadLaw, but now I am. On a second thought, they might not be able to help me since I did not receive a citation. I’ll probably have to do it through DataQ.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2020
    Reason for edit: Typo
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MidwestGator

MidwestGator Bobtail Member

Jan 9, 2020
    I say DataQ everything. Sometimes you get lucky.
    I had a carrier yesterday that was red flagged for OOS rate being above 34% but when I showed up for onsite interview, the OOS Level 1 had already fallen off our system so he dropped under and saved his company from going conditional.

PE_T Thanks this.
  4. MidwestGator

MidwestGator Bobtail Member

Jan 9, 2020
    Thanks. I have limited investigation ability unless I have an actual carrier using HOS247. If you have logs, preferably a real log and a post-customer service provided log, I would certainly have more reach.

Because the ELD systems on the FMCSA site are "self certified" it will take time for us to hand pick the weeds.

5. DUNE-T

DUNE-T Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Detroit, MI
    Well, exactly. It will take FMCSA lots of inspections to have an ELD app banned. Then those guys will come up with a new app and since they are located in a different country, they can't even be prosecuted.
    A lot of carriers have dispatchers in foreign countries, so if an issue arises, carrier will blame that dispatcher and eld company for messing up the logs. They will just pay whatever fine, switch to a new app and be back on the road.
    Whoever cheated the most, will continue to do so

kemosabi49 Thanks this.
  6. striker

striker Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Denver, Co
    Yes for railroad employees/contractors, no for us truckers coming in/out

7. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    Yep. The idiots at the FMCSA decided to let the ELD companies self certify their products rather than take the initiative and certify the products themselves. They opened the door for cheats like these and there will be nothing done to stop them.

Grouch, TallJoe, Cat sdp and 2 others Thank this.
  8. sealevel

sealevel Road Train Member

May 31, 2012
    U.S. 41
    So in short, the government enforces a rule that cost the industry millions upon millions of dollars while some Yugoslavian over seas sits on his sofa in boxer briefs, cheats the system and pockets cash. The Government response is "just give us time, we got this". They sure are good at making rules, but like clockwork when problems arise from said rulemaking they have no clue what to do except make more stupid rules.
    I typed this on my second thirty minute break of the day, 16 miles from the receiver where i can actually get some rest.

Grouch and TallJoe Thank this.
  9. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    Kinda like letting Boeing certify a new plane.......

Do you see a pattern here.....?

Grouch, ZVar and DUNE-T Thank this.
  10. TallJoe

TallJoe Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    If you really are, who you say you are...how about FMCSA issuing concessions to proven ELD providers, such as KeepTruckin, Omnitracks, Comdata, Prepass...etc. What's the problem with that?

Hey...Is there a number...we could call you and ask some subtle questions about PC and such?

Last edited: Jan 25, 2020
    kemosabi49 Thanks this.
  11. bonder45

bonder45 Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Williston, ND
    Well when you charge $130/ hour...... It's much better to work a longer day!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.