well that was a miserable fail

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by peabody747, Jan 25, 2023.

1. rockeee

rockeee Medium Load Member

Apr 22, 2015
    Kalama, Wa
    No scales nearby? Even regular freight can be loaded irregularly by different loaders.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    Well, yes and no. I ran the rail yards out of Chicago, so none of my outbound loads were live load. Fact is, many of the chassis' didn't have sliders, so I just took for granted they were overloaded. I had an air pressure gauge for the drives and I could tell pretty much if I was over on the back. You have to remember, and I'm not chewing you out, but this is trucking. No, it's not going to be perfect loads everytime, and you are at an impasse. You can't weigh the load until you sign for it, then can't do anything once you find it's overloaded. That's trucking, and if that's the sticky wicket here, you might not be cut out for it. Sorry, but these are things a recruiter won't tell you, they want your UNREFUNDABLE $5grand. See how this works?

Lonesome Thanks this.
  4. peabody747

peabody747 Light Load Member

Jan 1, 2022
    you frickin trolls our terrible, this wasn't about the overweight ticket. Yes I know I did that to myself. This was about how crappy of a company it is in my opinion with there stupid camera and crappy revenue building skills

5. rockeee

rockeee Medium Load Member

Apr 22, 2015
    Kalama, Wa
    Mr Peabody. Your original post really says nothing about why they are such a crappy company but YOU were the one that mentioned a overweight ticket so your the one that made it about that. Why exactly did you leave?

6. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Life isn’t always fair and the trucking business is a prime example, especially if dealing with other people’s ineptitude comes with your particular job.

Aamcotrans, rockeee, Lonesome and 2 others Thank this.
  7. Mnmover99

Mnmover99 Light Load Member

Oct 22, 2022
    The newer trailers with the air release will not let you slide the axles unless the trailer brakes are locked up. Another tool I have used is a STA RAT that helps open the slider pins for the older systems that are not air controlled.

8. Aamcotrans

Aamcotrans Road Train Member

May 24, 2016
    Strasburg, Va
    I’m going to assume this isn’t your first or last 3 month employment..

dclerici1 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.