Weller reman transmissions?

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by sparky88, Sep 3, 2015.

1. BoxCarKidd

BoxCarKidd Road Train Member

Aug 26, 2014
    Well hi Mr character: I assume you are talking to me. I was not concerned about your sexual orientation or anything of that nature! I addressed that to Jerry12. He appears to be real big on this outfit and some others do not. My point was that if they were in a program like that it gives them a lot of credibility even if a few people have had bad experiences. Sorry if I ruffled your feathers. BoxCarOut.

Oxbow Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. lots of character

lots of character Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2015
  4. beemergary

beemergary Light Load Member

Apr 11, 2014
    Most times when a seal is bad is from a bad bearing.

5. icsheeple

icsheeple Trailing the Herd

Nov 1, 2013
    Kansas City, KS
    I'm curious what most have paid for a reman Eaton? What did you pay in labor? And what shop did you use?

6. Jerry12

Jerry12 Heavy Load Member

Sep 9, 2014
    My mistake...Weller is not an authorized rebuilder for Eaton or Allison.

(eh, myself I'm thinking at one time Weller was or I had misread while doing my research, and/or don't recall.

Last year, when I was getting ready to replace my tranny, I went online searching for authorized rebuilders. Myself, I know that I rcvd a price quote from Weller but Valley Truck Parts returned with the best rate and that's whom I made the purchase thru...

(myself, I'm not promoting any one Company, my focus was on the hardware MFG. then whom is authorized rebuilder, where the parent company service network is accessible.)

I think, I'm working too many hours for any advice...im going to regress. sorry

Last edited: Sep 5, 2015
    Reason for edit: feeling kinda dumb
  7. sparky88

sparky88 Light Load Member

Jan 22, 2014
    oswego, ny
    Well an update since I haven't been on lately. Our shop took the inspection cover off and pto pump off to see inside. There are 8 separate gears on the main set with a single gear tooth broken off each one. I was told to prepare myself because it would probably come back that weller won't warranty it because they will probably try to claim a shock load again? But from the few people I have talked to said that is bs. A shock load on the tranny won't break a gear tooth. They say it sounds like something fell apart such as a bearing or bolt and got thrown through the tranny and broke a tooth and when I was shifting it naturally keep going around and bounced breaking other teeth. Which kind of makes since since it happened while I was doing 20 mph and was shifting up to gain speed. Any thoughts on this idea?

8. DL550CAT

DL550CAT Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Waynesburg, Pa
    Have reps from both sides there when the trans is tore down. If it's caused buy bolt or other object it'll be obvious and they'll not be able to cover it up if your representative is there.

sparky88 Thanks this.
  9. sparky88

Jan 22, 2014
    oswego, ny
    I was thinking about that and if they don't let someone there then they can cover it! I know I plan on calling eaton on Monday to talk to a tech so I have some more insight on what could cause it

10. bigguns

bigguns Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2013
    Omega,GA
    Educate yourself a little bit for your own benefit. Go to trouble shooting on Eaton's, Meritor's on any transmission manufacturer and read up on the cause of broken teeth. Knowledge is power.

sparky88 Thanks this.
  11. sparky88

Jan 22, 2014
    oswego, ny
    That's why I wanted to call eaton. That way I have some knowledge before weller comes at me with whatever they say

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.