Weller reman transmissions?

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by sparky88, Sep 3, 2015.

1. bigguns

bigguns Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2013
    Omega,GA
    By reading up on it you may learn a lot more than you will in a conversation. Just my opinion

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. sparky88

sparky88 Light Load Member

Jan 22, 2014
    oswego, ny
    Yeah very true

4. dean frink transportation

dean frink transportation Bobtail Member

Dec 2, 2017
    stay away from any Weller parts. they do anything not to cover warranty.

5. Octavio1

Octavio1 Bobtail Member

Dec 20, 2019
    I had one an Allison AT545 that worked out well for about 3 years, I now have an Allison 2500 that I got about a year and half into it and has issues in first gear take off. Fluids all good, its an internal issue and they want me to purchase another one to swap it mean while they figure out if it was an installer issue after a year and half on road... I don't think I want to spend another 3 grand on something that has proven to be crap. there are many other rebuilders that though they may fail at least they honor the warranty. This one is supposed to come with a 2 year warranty but I have to pay for another and wait for a bull crap story of install after a year and a half?

I do not recommend weller transmissions...

6. bowhunter67

bowhunter67 Light Load Member

May 28, 2016
    rush city mn
    Had a weller in mine lasted 350k bearings went out on main shaft went back and put new eaton in.

7. DDILLMAN4201865

DDILLMAN4201865 Bobtail Member

Feb 4, 2024

8. DDILLMAN4201865

DDILLMAN4201865 Bobtail Member

Feb 4, 2024
    Just installed eaton 10spd brand new thru great lakes peterbilt .They purchased thru Weller, who during covid-19 had purchased 1000 brand new transmissions from eaton .I don't know if complete or Weller put together either way we had a internal noise problem that continued to get louder longer it idled we have installed many clutches transmissions and very capable anyway we pulled trans back out sent to Weller who said nothing wrong and wanted to charge 250.00 to inspect it. They acted like we were not qualified without even talking to us .I'm assuming it's ther ploy so they can weasel out of labor cost . Beware .we told them do not send that transmission back to us but after discussing it with my brother called ther bluff said send original back They said it would b a week before they shipped it hmmm wonder why?

9. BoxCarKidd

BoxCarKidd Road Train Member

Aug 26, 2014
    Hum wonder why? Nothing wrong so put it back in and run it until it explodes. Then call and request they they cover it all because nothing is wrong with it. It will probably be good when it comes back.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.