Went for my DOT Physical

Discussion in 'Driver Health' started by themlilboots, May 22, 2010.

1. kickin chicken

kickin chicken Road Train Member

Jan 4, 2009
    SC
    It does seem to be company required test. The new DOT requirements still do not include physical fitness test.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Poconorob

Poconorob Light Load Member

Feb 22, 2010
    Poconos, PA
    Seems to me some of these companies are going over the top with their examinations, almost like they are hoping for some brownie points from the dot for going over and above the required. To each his own.

4. Winger

Winger Light Load Member

Dec 20, 2009
    Fl
    I took mine today and it took me 10 minutes to fill out the papers and 5 minutes with the nurse and 3 minutes with the doc. And I was out the door.
    I thought is was pretty funny when the doc turned around and put his head in the corner and ask me what he just said and I almost said what did you just say and caught may self from asking him that. :biggrin_25523:

5. CondoCruiser

CondoCruiser The Legend

Apr 18, 2010
    Tennessee
    Last physical I had in April was a nightmare.

DON"T ever go to a chiropractor for a DOT physical.

This yoyo put me in all kinds of pretzel positions and pushed and pulled. Does this hurt? Does this hurt? Well yes you moron but I ain't telling you.
    He even pushed straight down on my head as hard as he could. Does this hurt? *%#$#
    I woke up the next morning and couldn't move my arm at all and my neck was stiff . I had to take my left arm and pick up my right arm and put it on the shifter and I was okay to shift. Reach the CB or stereo I had to use my left arm. The physical was Friday and now Saturday. Finally Sunday night I grabbed a cabinet in the truck and in great pain lowered my body towards the ground. My shoulder popped like a .22 going off. It still hurt bad but I had more movement. The next morning it was like nothing ever happened.

I had to pay $40 for that quack to practice on me and lost use of my arm for 3 days. My neck is still stiff 6 weeks later where he compressed all my disc.

6. Les2

Les2 Road Train Member

Jul 25, 2008
    kicked back in my lazyboy...
    Are they even legal to do one?

This would be like going to your proctologist for a head exam.

7. CondoCruiser

CondoCruiser The Legend

Apr 18, 2010
    Tennessee
    Yeah, he was DOT licensed. My company sent me to him the year before but he didn't pull that crap.

8. Okieron

Okieron Crusty Okie

Dec 23, 2009
    muskogee, ok
    I had mine Monday took 15 12 was paperwork 2 with nurse 1 with doc. no fondling just tippy toes and raise arms

Schmidtrock Thanks this.
  9. Les2

Les2 Road Train Member

Jul 25, 2008
    kicked back in my lazyboy...
    How did you get out of the fondling?

10. Poconorob

Poconorob Light Load Member

Feb 22, 2010
    Poconos, PA
    when checking for hernias they get the same effect by having you crouch down and cough.

Les2 Thanks this.
  11. Okieron

Okieron Crusty Okie

Dec 23, 2009
    muskogee, ok
    where it says previous surgeries I have had 2 hernia repairs I guess he figured I was good no coughing at all ! just raise arms squat and stand on toes. pee in cup for sugar and again for drugs. and all was good. color blind teat was weird seen all but one real clear no concern from nurse though?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.