Werner Blows Smoke up Your ###

Discussion in 'Werner' started by Imnotapothead, Apr 8, 2008.

1. ChromeDome

ChromeDome Road Train Member

Jun 10, 2007
    Lakeland, FL
    I am pretty sure JB and Swift are at least as selective as Werner.
    Where you would get the idea that Werner is a fine upstanding company, and very hard to get hired on to, I have no idea.
    Big companys are all the same. Epically the training ones, and ones that take students.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jazzz

jazzz Bobtail Member

Aug 14, 2008
    hanna,ok
    I know there are more layed back them werner because I have a few friends that could not get hired on with werner but went and went over to JB hunt and Swif and got hired on there. Werner is cut back on hiring right now. They are leveling out company but having so many drivers and leaving at that until the economy gets a little better.
    And the friends I am talking about is a milllion miler in the army and a two million miler over the road nothing on there record and was not hired. But went over to swift andschneider and was hired on so you tell me if werner is more uppy and uppy.

4. bigpapa7272

bigpapa7272 Light Load Member

Sep 9, 2007
    Baltimore
    i got approved by werner.

no tickets the last 5 years

1 accident the last 5 years

no criminal record

i wouldnt say they arent cutting back but then again im gold to most companies that take students

5. Drive-a-Mack

Drive-a-Mack Light Load Member

Aug 13, 2007
    Eugene, OR via Lincoln, NE
    ..hmmm, wonder why they had their recruiter at the SAGE job fair in Caldwell, ID last week? He seemed to be making the biggest pitch for needing drivers as i walked by their table; but already reading the forum here I didn't have to hang around very long knowing the problems drivers have with this company!

6. doubledragon5

doubledragon5 Road Train Member

Jun 8, 2008
    Lewisville TX
    Funny Werner wanted to can me because of a wreck I had 17yrs beofe I became a driver.. Of course they won't have found out if I didn't put in on there, because it was more than 7 3yrs old, but their app said Have you ever and not tickets at that point in 15 yrs either..

7. razorbacker

razorbacker Light Load Member

Aug 16, 2008
    Van Buren, Ar
    Seemed awfully easy for you to say. Don't believe I will try to match that......

8. doubledragon5

Jun 8, 2008
    Lewisville TX
    What is there to match? They were the first company I started to drive for.. Almost everyday of my 2 weeks driving I was bugged by some women in safety asking me about that incident. So the next time I was in dallas I quit... I have nothing to hide, nothing to gain by doing so so I don't..

9. varimon

varimon Bobtail Member

Aug 2, 2006
    i feel for ya bro. got the screw job myself on a breathalyzer test. got result of .009 and complete negative on re-take 20 min later. indy terminal mgr was giving me a truck when safety called and tried getn me to admit i been drinkin. i (stupidly) completely lost my cool on him -- tho im sure he had it in for me anyway. bottom line, if similar happens to any of you, tell em you used listerine mouth wash right b4 u came down or any other kinda BS u can think of cause they dont believe the truth and will probly screw ya anyway.

10. bigpapa7272

bigpapa7272 Light Load Member

Sep 9, 2007
    Baltimore
    you know what irritates me is people who come on this board and rant and rave that a company or every company is out to screw you. You know what you need to be upfront and honest, obviously lying on an application will get you no where. As a friend of mine says a poor attitude in the trucking industry gets you nowhere. You guys need to share the positives too. Maybe you worked for a company for a couple years when you got out of school and they werent the greatest, but maybe you got some experience that helped you move on to bigger and better things. Your life is what you make of it.

11. doubledragon5

Jun 8, 2008
    Lewisville TX
    Well when you have your bad moments and need to rant we will have to book mark this statement.:biggrin_25525:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.