Werner Blows Smoke up Your ###

Discussion in 'Werner' started by Imnotapothead, Apr 8, 2008.

1. bigpapa7272

bigpapa7272 Light Load Member

Sep 9, 2007
    Baltimore
    go ahead and bookmark it but you will hear both sides of the story not just the bad side

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. sgreer78

sgreer78 Light Load Member

Jul 26, 2008
    St Louis, MO
    I worked for Werner from Nov 2000 to Oct 2003 and had no problems. My money was in the bank every Friday, and I never drove an old truck. No job is perfect, no matter how much you'd like it to be. The only reason I don't drive for them anymore is because all they have available in my area now is 48 states and I don't care to be gone for weeks at a time.

4. doubledragon5

doubledragon5 Road Train Member

Jun 8, 2008
    Lewisville TX
    Thats just it you made it sound like all people do is complain about the bad.. Personally I don't give a rats aers, no one is perfect and now company is perfect. If there was such a thing as a perfect company no one would have a reason to complain, nor look for work else where..:biggrin_25525:

5. jazzz

jazzz Bobtail Member

Aug 14, 2008
    hanna,ok
    we get messages all the time as trainers what is going on in the company. I can only go on what I am told by the company. You not being a student yes you would be like gold to the company. And ahve an acc. 17 years ago I would not place it on my app. either. I have no acc. and no tickets since I got my linc. at the age of 17 years old. SO you have a safe day and a sae trip. From jazzz

6. BEROMO

BEROMO Bobtail Member

Aug 19, 2008
    Fullerton, CA
    Hi, just wanted to interact a moment:

It could have been that JB Hunt or Swift would of hired anyone maybe in the past, but not now. My friend could not get hired in the trucking industry for a mistake he made 8 years ago - not only Swift but CRST, Covenant, CR England, Schneider, etc and we had always heard that these particular companies cut some slack to these individuals that have made that kind of mistake in the past as long as it was more than 5 years ago. Currnetly it a trucking industry market and they are "cherry picking" is what my friend was told.:yes2557:

7. pjw044

pjw044 Heavy Load Member

With all the small companys and independants going out of business
    due to high cost, there are ALOT of more experienced drivers out
    there to choose from but at a higher cost (wages). So companys
    do not care about the Quality of the drivers they hire only how
    CHEAP can we pay them....IMO you get what you pay for.....

8. rudy_94_98

rudy_94_98 Bobtail Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Lake Butler, FL
    I feel your pain man, I went to work for Werner in January of 08. After getting with a trainer, pretty cool guy, he started to explain to me that Werner is not what they say they are. Greyhound is the worst way to go if your going anywhere, took me 10 hours to get to Lakeland which in real world time take 3. Orientation sucks, I can handle the normal paperwork, but the movies and the person teaching felt he was a supertrucker. I had a family emergency and needed to get home quickly, well I was forced to take the grey dog home, 38 hours to get home to Florida. Man, I rather fly in a single prop plane then have to take the grey dog anywhere. If I ever find another trucking company to go with, I'll be walking or bicycling my way there. When a company gets too big the drivers suffer. For you man, word of mouth is the most influencal advertisement. If you say what is true, you may have legal obligations towards Werner. They would be at fault, if you can prove what they did.

9. bafinpa

bafinpa Bobtail Member

Mar 5, 2008
    gainesville,fl
    Just my advice to new students looking for companies. Do your web research and learn from other's experience. I went with Werner 6 months ago, after I pee I handled my specimen to the nurse and I sat down right in front of her while she was writting. I checked my name on the cup and made sure was no mistake. I ordered online a copy of my driving record before going to orientation so there was no surprises. Also when I went for my physical for school, I made sure they check my blood pressure and my vision. I didn't want to ride a greyhound bus for 6 hrs just to find out I wasn't fit enough to drive a truck. I know if we go to orientation is because we want to make some money after, but take some bucks with you before you go. If something goes wrong you have money for food and fair back home. Don't ##### about any company letting you starve or not paying you a bus ticket. They are not family of yours, they wouldn't care less after they know you are not driving for them. By the way, now I have been a solo driver for 6 months and I'm doing ok, fair miles, decent pay, getting my experince so I can move on.

Griller Thanks this.
  10. busterhound333

busterhound333 Bobtail Member

Dec 24, 2009
    morehead,ky
    if they(werner)lost your sample and put the wrong ssn# on it then how did it test positive?...:biggrin_25513:...i to believe you have made some real bad choices and are now crying about it because you got caught so just #### and do some rehab already!!!...:yes2557:

11. busterhound333

busterhound333 Bobtail Member

Dec 24, 2009
    morehead,ky
    if you have a accident on your record i don't think you would be considered gold by any company's standards i dont mean no disrespect but that statement just didn't seem right...sorry

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.