Werner Cares-Should be Werner Scares!

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by mississippimud, Mar 4, 2009.

1. sgreer78

sgreer78 Light Load Member

Jul 26, 2008
    St Louis, MO
    Stop taking advances.

/thread

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bigblue19

bigblue19 Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Midland WA
    Gotcha but it is still deceptive because most company's don't tell you what your average might be if you make it through all the hoops. They tell you we pay x per mile. The rest is all accessorial income that may be earned. When you are paid by a piece rate you want to know what that rate is, not what it might be.

Werner seems to be old school by tieing some of the pay to things that may not be in the drivers control and therefore easily denied.

4. luvtheroad

luvtheroad Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2009
    Central Ohio
    Here's how to stop it... Just find better jobs for the people who are looking, if and when you do that then you've solved the problem. LOL :biggrin_25525:
    And, anyone who reads a recruiting flyer and doesn't ask what they are going to make, probably doesn't ask anything else that pertains to their future at any company, not just Werner.

5. NCnewbee

NCnewbee Bobtail Member

Aug 21, 2008
    Creedmoor NC
    I'm not a big fan when when people talk about bring home pay on a pay check. There are just to ment factors. It depens on what advances a person takes, What insurance a person takes, If there is child surport a person my pay, and what if any tickets are being deducted. What taxes are being deducted. I do agree .26 is low but it seems that is what these companys are paying and getting plenty of takers. But if you can get 2500 miles per week that is 650.00 week pay. Its not the greatest but it does beat fast food just starting out.

luvtheroad Thanks this.
  6. aladdin sane

aladdin sane Medium Load Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Towanda, Kansas
    A reminder; If they have big splashy ads in the trucking papers or your local paper, avoid them like the plaque. Very simple, live by it.

ronnieb67 and davan2004 Thank this.
  7. luvtheroad

Jan 1, 2009
    Central Ohio
    plague not plaque unless you're talking about your teeth LOL

former yankee Thanks this.
  8. rubbergearsnextyear

rubbergearsnextyear Heavy Load Member

Nov 7, 2007
    Lexington, SC
    I started out solo at Swift at .26 cpm. But that was only for about a month. Now I'm at .35 cpm east of the Mississippi for all miles over 299 mt and loaded. Anything less than 299 is on a sliding scale. Below 100 is .50 cpm + $25. Stops are $15. Layover is $50 per 24 hr period. Detention pay is automatic after 2 hrs at $16 ph up to a max of 8 hrs.

Note: All mt miles are .35 cpm it's the loaded miles that pay more for shorter trips.

Now I talked to a Werner driver that had been driving almost a year and he said he was making .26 cpm. That cannot possibly be true can it?

9. ordinaryguy

ordinaryguy Light Load Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Indianapolis, IN
    get to the dentist to get that plaque taken care of! haha

10. ordinaryguy

ordinaryguy Light Load Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Indianapolis, IN
    Also, i drive for Werner, (waits for all the bashing) and i have no problem getting miles, maybe it is because i am on a dedicated account, and people will always drink beer. Been with Werner for 3 years, 1st few months were kinda slow, but then things got better.

Talk to your fleet manager, you dont work for your fleet manager, they work for you, but then again, ive been called a buttkisser by many of people on here because i am happy with Werner, they havent screwed me, because i havent let them screw me.

Anyways, get to the bashing, yadda yadda yadda. lol

11. luvtheroad

Jan 1, 2009
    Central Ohio
    No bashing from me... You're happy and have learned to work the system. The best part about your post is that there was no whining, it was positive. Thank you, thank you.
    I don't mind reading anything about any company as long as it's an employee of that company who is making the statements. The ones that frost me are from people who don't work for the company and just start BS with no fact or anything else.
    :biggrin_25525:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.