Werner compared to C.R. England

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Sofia, Jul 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sofia

Sofia Light Load Member

Jul 21, 2012
    If Werner stays in business, I would suggest an organized union of truck drivers. In the next few months, begin regional meetings with your co-drivers, discuss problems and solutions and vote on regional union representatives.....and then....all USA Werner drivers everywhere (at the same time) should "strike" until the union representatives achieve the goals that were decided concerns in the regional meetings. The drivers would need to trust their union representatives. It wouldn't be difficult and it would not take a lot of time. Maybe it would take 6-8 months to vote on union reps and then a few weeks to begin union negotiations with Werner. In about one year, driver's should gross nothing less than 50,000 per year with fair and good union representation. A truck driver is the most important part of the the logistics and transportation industry. Without truckers, company investments are immobilized. The truckers are the most important part of this industry. Please be careful and only be represented by someone you trust and know.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dougnificent

dougnificent Light Load Member

Aug 3, 2012
    kentucky
    comparing werner to england is like comparing herpes to aids. they both burn ya, and once they burn ya, youre pretty much done.

4. Sofia

Sofia Light Load Member

Jul 21, 2012

It's a "rude awakening" to a be a new driver and new to the industry and be totally ****** by Werner. It was shocking. I've read about our USA historic labor unions. Unfortunately, throughout history, many U.S. labor unions have failed. You need to have good Union Reps that won't accept "pay-offs." Don't consider CWA, they're not good enough. I thought about our old labor unions while driving on I-40 - NM-TX - our old RT66 - (while my dispatcher was totally ******* me) and realized the extent of the problem. I don't think I've heard about a successful labor union since the 1981 Air Traffic Controllers Union strike. A Truck Drivers Union can be successful. It needs to be organized, though. Trucker drivers can do it. It wouldn't be difficult. Turn off the T.V. No truck driver should be paid under $50,000....."Just Say No."

SkyDriver Thanks this.
  5. dayzedandconfuzed

dayzedandconfuzed Light Load Member

Jul 6, 2012
    Sofia with the influx of drivers willing to drive for slave wages..ie many of the nonenglish speaking types who send money back to mexico don't you think that would hurt those who go on strike?

6. SkyDriver

SkyDriver Bobtail Member

Aug 8, 2012
    South California
    The problem, as I see it, with unions, government, and most other positions of power, is greed. It corrups everything. I don't know if there is anyone in America today, due to ecomomic conditions, that would not be effected by it. Everyone wants to be the next Rockefeller, or in are generation, Romney. It's all about ME and to heck with everyone else. In the 40's after WWII Americans felt compassion to help fellow American rise up, get ahead, succseed together. We experienced that for a short time after 911, but it wore off too fast and things returned to the "ME FIRST" mentallity. I remember the first few weeks after 911 how people on the road were overly friendly, letting people merge into traffic ahead of them, coming to a complete stop and looking before making a right hand turn on a red light, etc. Yes its sad but true, we need a hero, a true John Wayne if you will. Someone who is willing to think about the good of others first, even before himself. And I just don't see it happening anytime soon. Corupstion and Greed will bring us all down in the end.

7. Sofia

Sofia Light Load Member

Jul 21, 2012
    Trucking companies can't replace "striking" drivers that easily. The process of hiring new drivers to replace those who might be on "strike" is time consuming and costly to investors. Newly considered applicants for trucking, need to pass drug tests, background checks, other testing...etc...and many new applicants are rejected. I think the investors of trucking companies would compromise with Union Reps to keep freight moving by keeping current drivers on the road. Drivers who are already hired in a company have already passed the several weeks of testing and new hire processing for trucking. Trucking employers try to avoid "attrition." Attrition is expensive and costly to employers. Attrition occurs when a lot of new drivers must be hired. Investors do not like the word "attrition." When employers need to hire new drivers, it directly costs a lot of money. While trucking companies would be trying to hire new driver applicants, they would also be losing a lot more money because we would be striking and they wouldn't be getting paid from our load deliveries. (Unfortunately, the PATCO 1981 Air Traffic Controllers Strike was not really that successful, either. Reagan shut it down. However, after the 1981 PATCO strike, Air Traffic Controller's concerns were more recognized in their industry.) Unions and striking are risky. Investors get mad and anybody can be "paid-off" to do almost anything in economic desperation. However, currently, trucking companies (such as Werner) receive money from our federal gov't because diesel costs are high and the volume of work in our industry has increased so drastically. Truck Drivers are needed...and Drivers need to feed their kids and pay the mortgage. The bottom line, truckers need to be paid a lot more for the hours that they are working.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2012
    SkyDriver Thanks this.
  8. SkyDriver

SkyDriver Bobtail Member

Aug 8, 2012
    South California
    I am with you Sofia, solidarity is what we need. It may be the only thing that will level the playing field between corporate owners / investors and the driving force.

SkyDriver

9. Sofia

Sofia Light Load Member

Jul 21, 2012
    There's no John Wayne...there's no movie stars....there isn't a superhero....there is no hero, none at all......

10. Sofia

Sofia Light Load Member

Jul 21, 2012
    We can't do it individually; but, I think we can do it together. I really liked the drivers I met in the Dallas Werner Terminal. We're all different ages, ethics, religions and cultures, but we all share the road....and we all need to make some changes.

11. SkyDriver

SkyDriver Bobtail Member

Aug 8, 2012
    South California
    John Wayne was a metaphore...I didn't mean the actor John Wayne...Waa Ha, Pilgram

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.