Werner cost me a days pay

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by orangepicker, May 9, 2012.

1. bigblue19

bigblue19 Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Midland WA
    I had a shprs computers go down because a road crew down the street cut some cables. It was a drop and hook but after letting a long line of trucks cool their heels for 3 hrs told us they would only receive frt and not shp anything till the next day. So I guess now days they can not write a trailer number down going in and write a trailer number going out till the computer comes back on line and they can enter the info and tell you which spot to drop mty and which spot to pu ld.

God help us if the net is ever taken out. No one born before 1980 will make it.

Like me you where just in the wrong place wrong time and won't get jack for your loss. I did not try, but your claim is with Lowe's since they had options and just did not want to make it happen that day. Much easier just to put you out of commission for the day.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. pete1

pete1 Heavy Load Member

I'm going with the whole buying people food idea.
    Anyone can be bribed with coffee, cigarettes, or a couple of large pizza's!!!
    :biggrin_2559:

skellr Thanks this.
  4. JRTBud87

JRTBud87 Light Load Member

Apr 11, 2009
    Scio, Oregon
    LMAO....good one, and so true.

5. Float313

Float313 Light Load Member

Apr 30, 2012
    Lapeer mi
    Welcome to trucking...lol

6. snowman01

snowman01 Road Train Member

Sep 27, 2011
    North Carolina
    I was at a shipper about 3 yrs ago and after they loaded me they told me they had to send the info on the computer to the home office in Europe before they could let me go. 2hrs later the computers were still down and I told them I was leaving. They said I couldn't until I had the load cleared and shipping papers and I told them to fax the crap to the customer. Good Bye and drove out the gate.

7. okieboy

okieboy Light Load Member

Jan 20, 2012
    Cost you a days pay huh! It cost me my reputation, I drove for em.

8. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    The things new drivers do,lol.I too was there.Never blacked out a building though,lol.Wonder if that driver will have a job once he gets back to the term and wonder how much it cost Werner.

9. steelbeltsdrumming

steelbeltsdrumming Light Load Member

Jan 28, 2012
    Winona, MN

:biggrin_2559:

Don't you mean after 1980? God also help us is the GPS and Quallcomm Satellites go down, and ELOG software has a meltdown. How will we remember how to drive our trucks and do our jobs??

misterG Thanks this.
  10. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
  11. Guntoter

Guntoter Road Train Member

Mar 24, 2012
    Phoenix, AZ
    Did he hit the pole? If not, the electric co. is responsible. Even if no trucks are allowed, overhead electrical supply must be 16' 0" minimum off the ground where any vehicle travels. Fire depts and military vehicles need to be able to go under them.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.