Werner dollar tree account

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Mbnpro, Feb 29, 2024.

1. Mbnpro

Mbnpro Bobtail Member

Jun 27, 2021
    McAllen TX
    Hello everyone. Signed on to Werner for the dollar tree account out of Rosenberg Texas May 2023. They promised me $.81 a mile and three trailer unloads a week. It’s not anything I wasn’t used to the job before that was JB, Hunt family Dollar. The first 90 days were great. I got my home load every week on Friday or Saturday. No complaints. The money was good. I was averaging $16-$1800 a week before taxes. the beginning of the fourth month, out of nowhere someone took my home load from me in the middle of the night and gave me a short run to Austin. From that point on they started playing games of taking my home load from me claiming another driver had to get home for an emergency. I gave them my notice because I went from doing long runs to doing short runs around the Houston area. A Notice to them didn’t get their attention. I left thinking they would get their head out of their ### but they could care less. In the end when I left, I was making $1300 a week before taxes and unloading three trailers. What a joke. Oh, and they also do not pay you per diem. at orientation they have you fill out a form making you think you’re getting it. The trucks were good. I never had an issue. I had a freightliner. They just run you into the ground to suck every drop of blood out of your body. If you decide to jump on this account, you will average 4500 cases per trailer. And they expect you to unload at a rate of 750 cases an hour.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    Nice writeup, thank you! Good luck wherever you wind up.

4. drivingmissdaisy

drivingmissdaisy Road Train Member

Jun 10, 2019
    I thought you worked for Rapid Transport. Now you work for Werner. I'm confused.

Mbnpro Thanks this.
  5. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    Rapid,Werner & TNI..

Lonesome and Mbnpro Thank this.
  6. TruckDriver87

TruckDriver87 Bobtail Member

Nov 9, 2023
    I heard Werner is one of the worst mega carriers out there, and that the dollar store accounts are really hard on drivers physically.

Hope you find something that pays good.

Lonesome and Mbnpro Thank this.
  7. Mbnpro

Mbnpro Bobtail Member

Jun 27, 2021
    McAllen TX
    You are correct. All I did is post three companies I’ve worked for in the last Three years.

Lonesome, mjd4277 and austinmike Thank this.
  8. Mbnpro

Mbnpro Bobtail Member

Jun 27, 2021
    McAllen TX
    The job is very hard physically. But for the last couple of years we were making bank. $1800-$1900 a week gross and it was worth every bit. Now they turned it into a slave shop.

9. bad-luck

bad-luck Road Train Member

Nov 16, 2013
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Sorry what happened to you. Thanks for sharing, hopefully drivers do research and stay away from Werner, they definitely don't care.
    One would think that, a driver like yourself who didn't mind the work, they would have kept you where you were.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2024
  10. JC1971

JC1971 Road Train Member

Jul 29, 2013
    L.A.
    Maybe the economy is slowing down and even the dollar stores are getting hit and they're giving priority to trainers running teams?

Lonesome Thanks this.
  11. lual

lual Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2020
    SW Georgia
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.