Werner Enterprises as a whole

Discussion in 'Werner' started by Andrew.reguera27, May 12, 2016.

1. Andrew.reguera27

Andrew.reguera27 Bobtail Member

May 12, 2016
    I've been with Werner for little over a year now, and I really like it. Yea, it's got some ups and downs but other than that, it's just a day in the life of a truck driver. Dealing with fleet managers, sitting and waiting on hold to get in contact with someone to talk to about daily problems you might run into. Getting a permit to have a pet is very simple. You need recent shot records and basic info about your pet. There is no breed restriction which is perfect. If your best friend is a bull mastiff, you are allowed to have him/her on the truck with you. Benefits are great. Vision, dental, and prescription all included. There are so many opportunities within the company as far as dedicated and teams. I worked a FedEx dedicated during Christmas season and it was fantastic. If you're in the NE area, you will most likely be running out of Pittsburgh, pa running to NY. Fleet manager is awesome for that account. Very understanding and knows what we go through everyday. 90% of werners 'a fleet is now automatic unfortunately but if you prefer an auto, then it's perfect for you. The company now has mainly Kenworth and freightliners. I received one of the last standard peterbilts in the fleet. Every solo 48 state driver received a 5 cent raise after Jan 1 so now starting pay will be $0.35/mi. I very highly recommend this company to students just out of CDL school due to many changes within the company. If you have any questions, feel free to ask

carramrod32 and Evomalo Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 4wayflashers

4wayflashers Heavy Load Member

Mar 14, 2014
    As with all the megas, your fleet manager/dispatcher makes all the difference.

KillingTime Thanks this.
  4. Rocknroller4

Rocknroller4 Road Train Member

Nov 25, 2015
    Is the health care blue cross/blue shield?

5. BostonTanker

BostonTanker Road Train Member

May 2, 2015
    Boston, MA
    Yes.

KillingTime Thanks this.
  6. jason6541

jason6541 Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Omaha, NE
    Sounds like a recruiter

7. FireFighter_02

FireFighter_02 Light Load Member

Mar 28, 2014
    Keystone heights, fl
    Man wtf, they told me there was breed restrictions and I can't bring my pit with me. Smh. I guess I'll call Omaha instead of some desk jockey at a terminal.

8. vally

vally Bobtail Member

Mar 23, 2013
    Hello, I've been thinking of Werner, with orientation out of Denver, then joining the Western Super Region...(not sure I remember the exact name). Have you heard how the miles are lately?

9. BostonTanker

May 2, 2015
    Boston, MA
    Not sure, but Saturday I was in okc, Monday I was in Boise, Tuesday I was in seattle, now I'm just north of Sacramento. Then off to sparks, nv to pull one to Otay Mesa. All in a weeks work

10. bamamac

bamamac Medium Load Member

Nov 4, 2010
    Alabaster,Alabama
    You still with Werner?

11. BostonTanker

May 2, 2015
    Boston, MA
    For the time being.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.