Werner Enterprises...should be Warning Enterprises

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by TX Snowman, Sep 12, 2012.

1. bamaryder

bamaryder Bobtail Member

Aug 13, 2012
    Montgomery, AL
    I must agree to some of what was said. True enough the training program is a joke but you get 450 a wk for training. If you are on the DG account you get 40 per trailer you unload and yes it do be packed from front to rear & top to bottom, you get 16.50 per stop, & you will get more than 500 miles a week if you do not mind working. These are the facts!!!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Recruiter are sale people...there job is to get as many people into orientation as possible so they can make there "sales" quota...

Just remember you have to take caution with anything these co's will try to sell you....

Buyer beware!!...remember if it sounds to good to be true..then it probably is.

4. acouplyr

acouplyr Light Load Member

Jul 27, 2012
    PA

If a company ever puts pressure to make you drive a truck that is not SAFE, couldn't you threaten them (dispatcher/FM) with calling OSHA?? Like stated prior, this is YOUR CDL that is in jeopardy if something were to happen. Its your responsibility!

Pirate Trucker XOXX Thanks this.
  5. Jersey John

Jersey John Bobtail Member

Jun 24, 2012
    East Coast of PA
    Well than I must be smarter than you friend. I could easily live off $2000 a month. I don't live beyond my needs. I am married w/4 kids ( one in college), my wife works part time (3-4 days a month) for the school district and we own our home on 14 acres of land, have 2 newer cars, paying tuition for my daughter, putting money away everyweek and still have left over for $1200 a month. So maybe some of the problems of needing to make so much $$$$ is from within. Now I make more than that a month but it could be and has been done by us before so it is possible if you set your mind to not needing to "keep up with the Jones" of the world.

Pirate Trucker XOXX Thanks this.
  6. TX Snowman

TX Snowman Bobtail Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Sherman, Tx
    Hello your correct friend my numbers may be off a little concerning wkly pay while in training. And obviously my numbers were to high on the stop pay. But the over all senairio is correct would you not agree? I Ihonestly wasn't expecting all the responses I've recieved on this post for all I originally was attempting to do. Was give all these new school graduates a heads up regarding getting some basic experience in order to obtain a good paying job, while letting them know that Werner IS NOT the typical trucking company.

7. Pirate Trucker XOXX

Pirate Trucker XOXX Medium Load Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Orlando,Fl. & NC & VA
    I've got a questionfor TX Snowman. With all the years you have under your belt why aren't you working for a "Good Company"? Instead you are saying all these things about Werner........Did you talk to Werner, and would they not hire you? Please take the time to answer.

Pirate Yrucker XOXX

8. Ruckie

Ruckie Road Train Member

Nov 12, 2011
    Bloom field,nj
    Umm the question is what do you call a typical trucking company?

Jersey John Thanks this.
  9. TX Snowman

Sep 11, 2012
    Sherman, Tx
    Hello, And with much admiration I commend you on your accomplishments great job. But lets be honest shall we? It wasn't easy was it? In todays economy many relevant things effects how well a person can or can not maintain a comfortable lifestyle on a $2k income . Area you live in, monthly rent/mortgage pymt, credit card bills, daily needs such as groceries, car pymts etc etc and of course ones ability to manage ones financial affairs and the status level one is willing to live or accept! As to being smarter then I friend? This I'm sure you agree is a matter of opinion. Maybe slandering myself gave you self importance and a boost of self esteem? It's unknown, but; based upon your claims you have much to be proud of! Personally friend I myself take no comfort in comparing my success in life to others. But I do feel it's everyones right to achieve a successful stage in life that they are comfortable with. And what stage that is? Depends upon an individuals choice. As for myself I've been at a far less then $2k a month stage in my life. And as you I also have worked hard to achieve what I desire as a comfortable financial stage in my life. And for me $2k is not where I choose to be and only wish that others of whom desire a better lifestyle understand from my post that Werner is ONLY in this ole truckers opinion a starting point BUT NOT a career company to meet personal financial goals with. Take care Be Safe and Roll on Friend

Last edited: Sep 13, 2012
  10. TX Snowman

Sep 11, 2012
    Sherman, Tx
    Hi and thanks for your question. No friend Werner did not turn me down for a position. Actually friend I drive for one of the top three rated trucking firms in America and have been for multiple yrs. But I have researched the company very extensively and have visited there terminals multiple times, while speaking to mass amounts of their new drivers out on the road. Don't take me wrong Werner in its own rights is a good company. BUT to be a debt free company with the assets this company has! And to take advantage of inexperienced drivers by paying one of the if not the lowest pay scales out there! In my opinion is big time corporate gains at the expense of everyday hard working men and women. With a training program that is extremely sub-standardly poor. Hope this answered your question friend? Wishing you much success in life. Be Safe and Roll on

11. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    I think he's calling us "friend". And what about a grand a week, and home every night? I see you haven't addressed that....

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.