Werner Enterprises...should be Warning Enterprises

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by TX Snowman, Sep 12, 2012.

1. TX Snowman

TX Snowman Bobtail Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Sherman, Tx
    Well friend, everyone has their opinions as I'm a sure you will agree. So in my opinion ONLY! A good typical company depends upon what a driver is comfortable with regarding company policies and is willing to comply with. Now again in my opinion ONLY! A good company is one that offers a fair pay scale based upon requested work to be performed. Not what's considered fair on average. Lets be honest, a flat bed driver does more manual labor tarping and strapping a load in comparison to a dry van driver who only does drop and hooks would you not agree? So pay scales equal to work performed. Secondly equipment that is well maintained. This is good for both company and driver. Two way communications where company alsp listens to the drivers opinions not just listen at the driver. Good benifits that are affordable with NO LARGE deductible. that a driver can't meet. A good driver recognition program for good work ethics and performance. Perks for drivers to strive for through out the year. Driver respect programs regarding governed trucks. Meaning remove the goveners If the driver is demonstrating safety and good fuel conservation practices. These are good things to look for when deciding pn a company to work for. And trust me these companies are sometimes hard to find because? There's so many that don't measure up this way, and more negative talk out there about bad companies, then there is about good companies. TRUST ME though they DO EXIST. Anyway you asked and I replied my opinion ONLY. Be Safe and Roll On Friend

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ruckie

Ruckie Road Train Member

Nov 12, 2011
    Bloom field,nj
    Snowman the description you give is of a small company with a lot of requirements not a multi national and to get there you need some years of experience and while our points of view are somehow a little different I wish I was in a company how you describe it... Give me 10years and I will start a company with the same characteristics you describe you will be my crazy long horn state driver

4. TX Snowman

Sep 11, 2012
    Sherman, Tx
    Well thanx for that comment and I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors friend. If you have at least 1yr experience? I would recommend you ck out a company called Con-Way Truckload. They are a very very close example of the company I described. Take care Be Safe and Roll On Friend

5. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    Sorry, but YOU said the only way to make good money is to stay out 6 weeks at a time. And I (and a few others) said I was home every day, and took home an average of $1000.00 a week. Then I get a diatribe about good companies, driver respect programs, governors, etc.

What gives?

6. TX Snowman

Sep 11, 2012
    Sherman, Tx
    Sorry friend, I have recieved so many responses to my post. And I've tried to respond to each, that I must have responded to you mistakenly thinking you were someone else. As for your work status, it sounds like you've got a pretty good situation if your netting that each wk. Congrats, may I ask who you drive for and where you live? Getting lots of request for recommendations for good companies to drive for. Thanx.....Be Safe and Roll On Friend

7. Rogerthat

Rogerthat Medium Load Member

Jul 18, 2012
    Sac, CA
    Hi TXSnowman, been trying to follow this thread to glean some useful info and I appreciate it. But in the future, please try to 'reply with quote'. That way we can all try to make some sense of what yer sayin'...Just sayin'...

8. Ruckie

Ruckie Road Train Member

Nov 12, 2011
    Bloom field,nj
    We are all friends to him, he is my red neck cowboy friend

Rogerthat Thanks this.
  9. TX Snowman

Sep 11, 2012
    Sherman, Tx
    Hey Ruckie were all drivers with driving in common. So yes I look at everyone as a friend. If the world had the same outlook don't ya think it would be a much better place? Be Safe and Roll on Friend

10. TX Snowman

Sep 11, 2012
    Sherman, Tx
    Or Rogerthat which ever one made this comment

11. Ruckie

Ruckie Road Train Member

Nov 12, 2011
    Bloom field,nj
    I consider most of truck driver family since I spend more time with them on the cb or just talking on the truck stops, I come from a culture where everybody calls you "cousin" or "bro" just like any family we sometimes disagree. At the end of the day when back each other up... Literally

Rogerthat Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.