werner enterprises..some questions.

Discussion in 'Trucking Jobs' started by arpokor, Jul 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. onionbuster

onionbuster Bobtail Member

Jul 24, 2008
    California
    DON'T DO IT! All of these comments are right. The best way to beat a test is just don't do it. How is your friend is going to beat the test every time it comes up. YOU could lose your livelyhood because of him not wanting to be responsible.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lilbit

Lilbit Road Train Member

Aug 4, 2008
    Let me check my logbook
    I agree with the other posters - ditch the pal and run solo or find a new partner. They are looking at tightening the drug testing so that the tricks he's looking at won't work anymore either. They are looking at the changes because of people like that.

One tip with Werner - stay away from the dedicated routes. They tend to over load those with drivers, and you'll be lucky to get 2000 miles a week. I know, my hubby started with them on a dedicated route. He stayed three months, which was just enough to get him on with a better company.

4. KindHearted

KindHearted Bobtail Member

Feb 10, 2010
    amite la

5. phroziac

phroziac Road Train Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Gary, IN
    to the OP, werner's mostly alright. Screw you around when the truck needs to be worked on...for days.

i make $800 on a good week and every once in a while i've had a bad week with more like $200.

6. Gino521

Gino521 Bobtail Member

Feb 13, 2011
    Butler, PA
    New to trucking. I am 53 years young. Heading to Werner this weekend. What are the good and bad things about being a rookie?

7. KindHearted

Feb 10, 2010
    amite la
    Stand up for yourself an show them your not no fool and of all things. Since you are going to be on a trainer truck an if you and the trainer aren't getting along an things don't seem right GET OFF THE TRUCK .. Call those so call Sdm people an HOPE U dont get the SDM that doesnt care an there are some there. I was a trainer too. Just becareful out there, an watch out for the back stabbers. Trust yourself First. AN dont get on no decaded accounts they will push you.. good luck

8. whosedog

whosedog Medium Load Member

Mar 18, 2009
    fair lawn nj
    Bad, low pay, $294 take home per week,for 8 weeks.Good, you get a $500 bonus if you don't take home time during training.Also they reimburse you $100 per month for your CDL if you got it before you came to them.Also good you get to see the entire country cause they run you all over the 48 states.Overall more good than bad when you compare them to some of the horrible places you read about on here.
    You going to Allentown?

9. Gino521

Gino521 Bobtail Member

Feb 13, 2011
    Butler, PA
    Thanks for the info guys. Yes I am going to Allentown.

10. KindHearted

Feb 10, 2010
    amite la
    Werner doesnt Pay nothing a month for a trainee's cdl or even a person's CDL.. Have u worked for Werner? just wondering .. it says your a wanna be on ur side bar?.. Plus That 500 bonus is right but the taxes will get most of it too. Yes I worked for Werner for 7yrs. ​

11. FirefighterDC2

FirefighterDC2 Light Load Member

Jun 22, 2010
    Kendallville,Indiana
    Don't get sick and have to be on medical leave because they will fire you! And don't trust what they tell you.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.