werner enterprises..some questions.

Discussion in 'Trucking Jobs' started by arpokor, Jul 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KnuckleBuster

KnuckleBuster Light Load Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Wellsboro Pa, Lakeland Fl
    I'll never forget...back in the 80s I was riding along with a driver that was training me to unload a cryogenics tanker loaded with oxygen. We were headed south on Rt 309 in Pa, in heavy traffic, when I looked over and seen he was in the process of lighting up a doobie.

I said "please don't do that".

"Why not" he quiped

"Cuz believe or not, that stuff we have in the trailer back there is the same stuff that they send men to the moon with, and I really like it here on earth".

He seen the sense in my concern, and put it away. That was the last of my riding with that guy.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. whosedog

whosedog Medium Load Member

Mar 18, 2009
    fair lawn nj
    Yes they do it's called tuition reimbursement;look it up on their website,my son got his first $100 back Friday.

4. KindHearted

KindHearted Bobtail Member

Feb 10, 2010
    amite la
    you didnt say tuition now did you NO!! yes you sign a contract with them an if you leave before that Contract is up then they STOP paying for the tuition you paid for to get the CDL. I know how it works at Werner

5. whosedog

whosedog Medium Load Member

Mar 18, 2009
    fair lawn nj
    Blah,blah, blah

6. wernerbud

wernerbud Bobtail Member

Oct 17, 2010
    columbus, ohio
    Any trucking company he goes with at first he will not make a lot of money at. He has to prove himself first to his fleet manager. But Werner does pay the lowest per mile in the industry. And like most trucking companies over 80% of the student drivers do not make it out of training. I left Werner after 2 years I only made 29,000 and ran 6 days on a dedicated account. I am now making 50,000 driving a straight truck

7. Markers83

Markers83 Light Load Member

Oct 30, 2010
    winter haven, fla
    I think CRST is even lower, at least for their team side.

Currently making .38 cpm on teams with werner, i know CRST is way lower. Solo, on the other hand, werner kinda sucks.

8. fenix4156

fenix4156 Bobtail Member

Sep 4, 2011
    georgia
    About the original job;your husbband wil bring home 250 in. Traininng and 350. When he start to work. And you will neet him every 45 days. Per 1 week. So just find a part time to support him and don't let him fall

9. Luv-n-life

Luv-n-life Bobtail Member

Jul 20, 2011
    Florida

My advice for anybody starting out at Werner is leave.I know how they are,I was there.The ONLY good thing about this company was the APU on the truck.We were even running dedicated,paying out no insurance and running our ##### off and made NOTHING! We never had a accident,violation,and never late for an apt. But,did they see how dedicated we were to there lousy company? Nope! But,you will get a few on here that will say it is a great company blah,blah,blah.Whatever.

10. BigJohn54

BigJohn54 Gone, but NEVER forgotten

May 13, 2011
    SW Missouri

They are a starter company. Where were your realistic expectations? How long were you there, 3 months?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.