Werner EST/Roadmaster Millington, TN

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by Matt43324, Jul 3, 2018.

1. Matt43324

Matt43324 Light Load Member

Jun 1, 2014
    Anyone use this program? I'm supposed to go to it next week, little iffy on the "free, no obligation" part. I guess it's a program oriented towards veterans majority of the majority of the instructors are veterans themselves. I was told that I would have my own room all expenses paid minus food. The last school at tempted to go to turned out turned out to be huge joke I'm not going to mention the company because I'm not here to bash people but I drove to Kentucky they told me over the phone I was good to go my GI bill would cover everything I get there Sunday night the next morning as soon as class started they started passing out all the driver packets and then there was a finance application or contract if you will for $8,500 I asked about it because I was told my GI bill is going to cover it they contacted the VA and apparently my GI Bill application was still under review or pending something like that I can't exactly remember. But they wanted me to sign the contract and then once everything got taken care of we would roll it back over to where the GI bill would pay for the school. Over 8 years in the army one thing I know never sign a contract what's in writing isn't what was discussed or agreed upon. Was it really happy so I left then went back home. Overall I'm just trying to avoid this from happening again. But if anyone's got some inside on it or they're supposed to be going or have been to the school already it'd be great to hear some feedback

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Free/no obligation; never heard of that with Roadmaster/Werner. You may know that Werner owns Roadmaster and AIT.
    Only company I know of that has a free/no obligation/no contract is R.E. West in Lebanon,TN.

4. Lab work

Lab work Medium Load Member

Apr 20, 2018
    USA
    It is always good practice to coordinate with the VA yourself. I used the post 911 Bill for tuition. The school I went to claimed the VA would not pay the tuition. The person at the VA informed it was paid. I provided the VA the company information. What do you think the trucking company was trying to do? Always check with the VA and trust no one.

5. Matt43324

Jun 1, 2014
    i think they was trying to pull a fast one on me, but im very thorough with any type of paper work requires my signature. it amazed me how many people just sign with out reviewing. i hadnt even finished the second page and half the class was done signing. lol

6. Lab work

Lab work Medium Load Member

Apr 20, 2018
    USA
    That seems like a sore spot for a lot of people in this career. I also think a lot of drivers have a difficult time enforcing these companies to hold up their end of the bargain. I see these stories in here all the time.

7. Matt43324

Jun 1, 2014
    I'm a very laid back person, I don't expect much from anyone. If your going to start me at 32cpm then just be up front with me. Don't lie over the phone or email. All I ask for is honesty and a mutual respect, and in return you will get a great amount of hard work from me. I was extremely disappointed and frustrated at the entire ordeal considering I drove from Savannah GA area to the ft Knox ky area on my own time. Glad I didn't take the bus they was trying to get me on. I'm leaving for roadmaster in TN this sunday and of course I'm driving. I'm not sure why these companies get all bent out of shape when you deny their bus ticket....I'm 29 years old, if I want to go out to dinner after class, I'm going to do it. I'm not calling a cab everynight after class, and I'm sure not sitting in a hotel every day for 3-4 weeks

8. Matt43324

Jun 1, 2014
    So I just completed the EST program, it was amazing and honestly I had a great time. The 3 instructors were outstanding and very down to earth. On my first day I was given a 385 dollar check to reimburse me for my travel, I had my own hotel room. It is a 2 week course, very accelerated but if your having trouble the instructors work one on one. They really do care about their students. Werner paid for it all, there is no contract at all. I was very impressed with it. I will definitely be working with werner, I hope my experience with them as a driver goes as well as their school

9. Wisbowmen

Wisbowmen Bobtail Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Im currently going to school there as well. Im the tall guy with the Packer hat, usually wear white tshirt and shorts. Grab me and say hello!

I wanted to add, its the only CDL school i have ever been to but so far, i am impressed. They are pretty orderly, the instructors I have had so far have been really good and they all seem nice. I was able to pass my permit tests first try and I am going to test out on my pre trip in the morning.

So far, I don't feel like I have wasted 5 grand.

I also like how they don't push real hard to drive for werner. My buddy and I got called into the office a few times to ask if we were interested in a job but they only really tried to push Werner once. After I told her I was not going to drive for a mega she dropped it and only applied for jobs I told her we wanted. Its been really easy so far to deal with everyone.

10. Matt43324

Jun 1, 2014
    You going to the Memphis campus?

11. Wisbowmen

Wisbowmen Bobtail Member

Jul 18, 2018
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.