Werner finance.

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by REEFERman450, Mar 22, 2018.

1. REEFERman450

REEFERman450 Light Load Member

May 3, 2016
    The good, bad and the ugly.... And Go

If you say "Stay away" please provide reasons why.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    They finance a truck and you aren't allowed to work it anywhere except under Werner authority? And your name isn't on the ownership until final payment is made? One of those deals?

Aamcotrans, Dan.S and REEFERman450 Thank this.
  4. GreenPete359

GreenPete359 Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2017
    Driving my recliner
    Stay away.

Reason: you’ll get screwed! Duh

Justrucking2 Thanks this.
  5. subseaguru

subseaguru Medium Load Member

Sep 6, 2015
    Waco, Tx
    before i left brand x, i noticed several lease trucks turned back in. not sure why but i know they treated me like they owned my truck.

6. joesmoothdog

joesmoothdog Heavy Load Member

Aug 5, 2013
    OTR
    Search the site. There are at least 11 billion trillion posts regarding company leases gone bad and none from a rich man. Don't believe me? If it was possible to get rich doing it the company wouldn't offer you the chance.

Western flyer Thanks this.
  7. REEFERman450

May 3, 2016
    I'm not trying to Work for Werner, I'm just curious about how the Werner finance works.... They have a 16 pete 579 that I'm interested in....

8. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    What about it makes you interested in it? The dealer has whatever you want. And a bank will lend you money if you have a solid business plan. If you can't get your financing on your own and only want to do the deal so you can drive a peterbilt instead of a freightliner or volvo then you need to stop immediately and take a hard look at what you're doing.

There is one company up here that dangles shiny new 389 and w9 lots of chrome cool paint the whole bit - lease purchase only! And guys get screwed all the time. But hey, they rode around in style for a while.

Western flyer, Hurst and Coover Thank this.
  9. TigerShark

TigerShark Medium Load Member

Nov 5, 2015
    Well.....Here’s what I can add. Take it leave it.
    Buddy did the Trans Am lease, ate it hard and he was relatively smart about loads.

It’s leasing for a reason. They make double money. Truck and Load. You starve.

Western flyer, Aamcotrans and Coover Thank this.
  10. TigerShark

TigerShark Medium Load Member

Nov 5, 2015
    @gokiddogo said it better than anyone can put it.
    Stevens dangles .89 cents a mile to drive a shiny black truck.......

Your smarter than this! If you can’t go do it on your own then get with a guy that can and will treat you good not like a number.

11. REEFERman450

May 3, 2016
    I have a solid business plan. I've leased a truck from a mega then walked away.

I guess y'all are missing the question.

Yes I know dealerships have trucks and I've played the lease game but unlike 90 plus percent of folks who leased I was successful. 221k the first yr. 247k the 2nd...204k the 3rd and undet so far this yr.

You see from Day one I ran a TEAM Truck with my wife. All monies made paid for things equally. Once my 2yrs were up... We WALKED Away from the lease and did something else AS A Team. Now 4yrs into this, we are looking at trucks. Financing is solid. Credit is solid. I have over 50k set aside for "What is" I currently drive the 18 Pete 579..but have also driven the 16&17s.
    The reason I was looking at Werners 579 was because it's close to me in Dallas.....

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.