Werner - First Impressions

Discussion in 'Werner' started by LongHaulHighway, Sep 2, 2013.

1. DriveItUSA

DriveItUSA Light Load Member

Jan 3, 2014
    Denver, Colorado
    I'm just sharing my experiences and how they differ from others opinions.

I still have yet to experience this return to where you started scenario. 3 weeks and haven't seen that once.

hey now, I've got 81 hours as of last night. :)

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lowa3468

Lowa3468 Heavy Load Member

Feb 10, 2014
    Portland, Or
    Well share your experience is one thing put your time in first, I have the Stubbs, and the people that can be contacted that will tell you same thing. And another thing you said your trainer been there for how many years again? Ask him how he feels about a 2 year driver making .35 CPM straight across the board loaded and dh.

Your trainer is told to tell you all the good stuff and blow smoke up your butt. Again Your point of view is fine but to try to explain things that really do happen as you are told is way out there at times.

4. DriveItUSA

DriveItUSA Light Load Member

Jan 3, 2014
    Denver, Colorado
    he has been with Werner for all 20 years of his career. 19 as a trainer.

he tells me the good and the bad, not just all of the good. he is very blunt and honest. he isnt too happy about the 4 cpm pay cut he took last year or losing the $500 monthly mileage bonus that trainers used to get but dont get anymore.

he refuses to chain up anymore though as a result of the pay cut. if it starts snowing or sleeting or icing he just pulls it over and sits tight. he says they dont pay him to chain up since making him take a pay cut. I dont blame him. to get cut from .37 cpm with 18 soke years of experience (at the time of the pay cut) and to go to .34 cpm is pretty upsetting.

5. Lowa3468

Lowa3468 Heavy Load Member

Feb 10, 2014
    Portland, Or
    not sure where that monthly bonus is or something maybe before I was there I trained over a year and never seen my .03 CPM that was taken as a bonus, and never seen a $500 bonus.

Well it's good that he tells you good with bad, if one tells you all good then when you get out there on your own and find that something's are or are not as was told you would feel that your trainer lied to you, or Werner did or both either way not a good footing if all you here is good.

as far as chaining call the 800 number in your book, unless your trainer already told you this....again not sure if this rule changed or not but one isn't suppose to chain at Werner, you are only allowed to chain if you need to get yourself out of a situation and to the nearest safe haven, when chain laws go up your suppose to park it

and I wouldn't blame him either I would guess he just about to retire in a few years.

But keep your chin up look forward to your own observations,

like I said before Werner isn't all that bad they have some junk in the trunk but what company doesn't?
    just because something's happen to one or another doesn't necessarily mean it will happen to the next person.

DriveItUSA Thanks this.
  6. HWY-85

HWY-85 Bobtail Member

May 29, 2015
    Miami, FL
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.