Werner is running a scam

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by EZX1100, Apr 29, 2013.

1. EZX1100

EZX1100 Road Train Member

Aug 18, 2012
    should come as no surprise, but let me fill you in on what i just sat with a werner driver discussing

He has been driving 9 months, He is a trainer, the people he trains just come out of school, He says he MAY get 2hrs to sleep a day, because he is constantly being awaken by his co-driver

well, he is not supposed to have a co-driver, he is training, but Werner is running them as a team, paying the student $350/week (not my business)

So, these companies with these Elogs are still up to no good,

a trainer is ON-DUTY while training, and his student is NOT a co-driver,

so with all of the LEGALEZE these megas are trying to perpetrate upon folks, they are just as slimy as they have always been, their drivers do not get any rest, they are worked HARDER than anyone else

AndrewMemphis and pete1 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ironpony

ironpony Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    You're making a generalization that doesn't necessarily hold to all carriers that train. Yup, Werner is a sleazy outfit, and has been for some time.

4. Cranky Yankee

Cranky Yankee Cranky old ######

Jan 31, 2012
    Green Bay Wi
    perception and reality
    never mesh up
    why are you surprised

j3411 Thanks this.
  5. Giggles the Original

Giggles the Original Road Train Member

if he only has 9 months exp. THATS THE FIRST mistake, he shouldnt even be "training"...he is still wet behind the ears.....hasnt exp enough, to "train" anyone else...

Hitman, Ghost Ryder, EZX1100 and 11 others Thank this.
  6. ironpony

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    Fer sure! I think 5 years should be a minimum... just like most states require for a teaching certificate at a vo-tech school. But he certainly isn't doing his job properly if he hasn't given enough up-front info to the trainee to keep him from being awakened every couple of hours. Probably hasn't given the trainee enough dual instruction time either. Of course if Werner required 5 years experience, they'd probably only have 3 drivers with enough seat time to train...

BTW... nice sig pic Giggles!

7. Giggles the Original

Giggles the Original Road Train Member

thanks...thats a truck we drove back in 93ish....pulling Carolina Doubles...it was a ragged out piece when we got it...urine in the cabinets and no, not in bottles either...pulled up the mats..and the bottom of the cabinet was full of it...needless to say, bought gloves and clorox b4 we went any further...LOL , that was a company truck that had been sorely mistreated....we nursed her back to health...including hubby doing all the polish work himself....

ok back to the thread...sorry for the hijack...LOL

The Challenger Thanks this.
  8. The Bird

The Bird Medium Load Member

Apr 10, 2012
    White Rock, NM
    Werner runs their students as a team after about 2 weeks. They did that when I was a student with them over 9 years ago and I'm sure they still do.

When my company asked me to train, my big stipulation was that we would not team, which we don't.

AndrewMemphis Thanks this.
  9. ironpony

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    Prime separates CDL instruction... with a certified instructor, from training phase. The good trainers will run the same way until they're satisfied the trainee has it under control, and only then break them in slowly to running by themselves. Every time a new or more difficult situation presented itself, my trainer would take the seat and demonstrate before letting me take over under supervision.

teddy_bear6506 Thanks this.
  10. coastie

coastie Road Train Member

I had the same basic discussion with a kid on Youtube from Werner. He had 3 months exp and was saying he was going to be a trainer. I said Not enough experience.

11. coastie

coastie Road Train Member

CR England did it basicly same as Werner is doing it but it up to the trainer. when it starts When I started with England I drove 15 min and my trainer was in the sleeper. I questioned him about it and he said No I was the only one he done that with. Rest it 2 or 3 weeks before he even thinks about it. Just with my driving he really felt comfortable and that I seemed to knew what I was doing from the get go. If I had question I woke him. If I got tired I stopped.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.