werner "long island pay"

Discussion in 'Werner' started by phroziac, Apr 24, 2010.

1. phroziac

phroziac Road Train Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Gary, IN
    I was just thinking about this because i just got a preassigned delivering to brooklyn...

Werner pays an extra $40 for, as stated in the handbook, "long island and some parts of new york city that are reached by bridfge" im not exactly sure what that means, but a while back I went to Brooklyn, which is definitely inside the city limits and definitely reached by bridge.

I asked my daytime dispatcher if i would get the $40 for it, he said nope, not for brooklyn! i was PISSSED. I didnt say anything to him, but i was going to refuse to ever go again without getting extra pay. I don't mind going, but i should not have to go there without gettin paid a little extra. $40 is ok.

I wrote it on my trip envelope anyway, got my pay stub and found "$40 long island" as an extra pay item.

Anyone else ever had that happen? Now, my dispatcher is a new guy, so maybe he just doesnt know any better....and plus i thought he had to put it on the pay via macro 41..

And if you read this wrong, i have nothing to complain about here. Just wonderin!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Allow Me.

Allow Me. Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 28, 2009
    Rancho Mirage, Ca.
    If you're a REAL truck driver, you'll go into any burrough in the city and add it to your resume. $40 or not.

4. crabby125

crabby125 Bobtail Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Scotch Plains
    I am on the Sears Dedicated account and when I go into Long Island, Queens, Brooklyn, I get paid the LI pay.

I dont even talk to my dispatcher. Just make sure YOU send in your Macro 41 and all the way on the bottom type in LONG ISLAND PAY and $40 before doing sending out your Macro 5. You will get a confirmation with telling you, you got approved.

$40 bucks might not seem like alot but it does add up especially if you go there often.

5. phroziac

Jun 16, 2009
    Gary, IN
    Yeah, $40 is nice since it usually screws me out of several hours to be in NYC.

Anyhow, last time i went up there a weekend dispatcher sent me the message "APPROVED FOR LONG ISLAND PAY $40" without me even requesting it. I thought that was cool.

6. Ike

Ike Light Load Member

Aug 30, 2009
    Virginia Beach, Virginia
    I worked for a company that payed us $75 to go into any of the 5 buroughs, I went into Manhatten once, 34th St. when I got back to NJ I called my dispatcher and told her to keep the money and never send me back there again. I've delivered in Brooklyn, Queens and all the way out to River Head, but Manhatten was the worst by far.

7. phroziac

Jun 16, 2009
    Gary, IN
    really? you mean like roads, low clearances, finding stuff? or like bums hanging off your mirrors?

8. Ike

Ike Light Load Member

Aug 30, 2009
    Virginia Beach, Virginia

I mean, like Traffic, (Comikazie cabbies) Narrow streets (Broadway aint Broad) one way streets and not being able to go out the way you come in. and oh, Low clearances, did I mention, you really cant pull off on Broadway or Fashion Ave and call the customer to make sure you are heading in the right direction? Other than that, its a piece of cake.

9. Ike

Ike Light Load Member

Aug 30, 2009
    Virginia Beach, Virginia
    Never had a problem with Bums, or anybody else for that matter, but its an erie feeling when your rolling down the blvd and people are looking at you like they've never seen a truck before. (mabe Im not supposed to be here)

Mabe I was to busy trying to see who was going to pull out in front of me next to notice the Bums hanging off the truck:biggrin_25526:

10. phroziac

Jun 16, 2009
    Gary, IN
    Heh i just looked at some pics of 34th on google....looks hectic!

11. Ike

Ike Light Load Member

Aug 30, 2009
    Virginia Beach, Virginia
    And coming down Fashion Ave, (the way I was directed) it says "No right turn" uh, sorry gotta do it. I guess if you go in there a lot and get used to it it aint so bad.

I was just young and petrified I was gonna get hung up someplace I couldn't get back out, or come across a low bridge, then have to figure a way around it. Just rookie stuff. Good luck to you Im sure you'll do fine.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.