Werner Miles

Discussion in 'Werner' started by ohiohogrider, Dec 3, 2008.

1. wetsand

wetsand Bobtail Member

Nov 18, 2008
    GTI is hiring student drivers? i assume you're a student since you said a werner recruiter came to your school.

when i talked to a gordon recruiter last week she said they were not hiring students and wanted 1 year experience.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bMac

bMac Bobtail Member

Nov 6, 2008
    Folsom,CA
    I was pre-hired back in October and according to the recruiter all things are a go and set for after the new year. More than likely late January. He said all of their trainers are shut down for the rest of the year and it will take a couple weeks to clear up the waiting list. I am not putting all my eggs in this basket but keeping my fingers crossed.

4. nicnat2

nicnat2 Medium Load Member

Oct 26, 2008
    sin city
    I've sent in my app for a prehire at GTI and both recruiters have said that there are no trainers avail till after jan 1. I have had discussions with them and neither have told me they weren't hiring newbys. In fact they said to submit my app before school starts jan 5th....maybe it depends where you live and whether they accept your school or not. I'll keep my options open too and listen to the Werner rep also....

5. wetsand

wetsand Bobtail Member

Nov 18, 2008
    just got off the phone with the recruiter for GTI again and she said they're not hiring in Washington period, student or exp drivers.

reason was interesting, she said there's a lawsuit (GTI is not being sued) pending that has something to do with student drivers and overtime , or truck drivers in general and overtime and they have a hiring freeze for this reason pending the outcome. this might only be for Washington state.

i knew of 1 class action lawsuit in CA that had to do with truck drivers and overtime pay but i guess Washington is going after the industry too.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.