Werner: My experience (in progress)

Discussion in 'Werner' started by DriveItUSA, Feb 13, 2014.

1. "Hang - Man"

"Hang - Man" Heavy Load Member

Nov 12, 2013
    Western PA
    Just my opinion , yep suck it up, praise your trainer like he's a trucking god just so things can go as you need them to.
    Arguing will prolong things -why bother.
    If it isn't something that can hurt you just smile and think about being out on your own.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lowa3468

Lowa3468 Heavy Load Member

Feb 10, 2014
    Portland, Or
    i was thinking about what you said this morning on the way to shipper, I don't know what kinda deal you have with your trainer or anything about him for that matter but you now have raised in my mind moral, integrity, and trust issues in my book.

why?

well, you still learning, just because one is in training doesn't mean you have got a job or that one has earned a position to even drive.

You call it sweet revenge, but in my view I see it as theft, as one hasn't earned that right, it's his fuel you are using and it's his points your taking, this is theft in my book.

So now I wonder when you start getting taken advantage of by Werner or any other company are you going to be the one who will be selling fuel just because you didn't get a check? Or maybe someone who will sell product from the trailer just because a shipper/receiver held you up and you didn't get paid for it? Or maybe you get mad with a company and sabotage their truck, or leave it somewhere to go home.

sorry I have to give you a minus on your actions as 2 wrongs don't make a right (again it's about the agreement with your trainer, and being you went and gotten cards on your own, makes me think that trainer was waiting like I did before I tested a student out to get the cards, and use his cards in last week to get shower credits and points built up.)

Like your thread and will keep following but I just cannot get over your sweet revenge statement personally

4. "Hang - Man"

Nov 12, 2013
    Western PA
    Are we just talking about a small amount of points that get you free showers --i dunno i am asking?
    I would assume the trainer would have many built up already ? --i don't know how they work.
    If so i would think the trainer would be happy to spare a couple of points for "free showers" --are we talking about a large sum here ?

5. Lowa3468

Feb 10, 2014
    Portland, Or
    [QUOTE="Hang - Man";3897656]Are we just talking about a small amount of points that get you free showers --i dunno i am asking?
    I would assume the trainer would have many built up already ? --i don't know how they work.
    If so i would think the trainer would be happy to spare a couple of points for "free showers" --are we talking about a large sum here ?[/QUOTE]

no maybe not a large sum, but it does add up, and being a lpo I see it that way yes it's petty but, it's my fuel I'm paying for, it's my truck he/she learning in, it's my responsibility, but I also feel it's my responsibility to also take care of my students, and points on card helps offset the costs. Realize a trainer doesn't have to feed, etc the student. (But I made sure students at least got 1 good sit down meal a week).

So yes when one says the have sweet revenge, then obviously is doing something that the trainer doesn't know about to me that is wrong,

I tell you what why not invite me over to your house and show me where your change drawer is at, I'm sure you won't notice any of the missing change out of it when I go through it while you are sleeping, no biggie right?......

AfterShock Thanks this.
  6. DriveItUSA

DriveItUSA Light Load Member

Jan 3, 2014
    Denver, Colorado
    i could personally give a rats ### what you think. if you had to put up with someone belittling you and berating you over every little thing, you'd be as upset as I am.

and its not his fuel and not his money he is spending on the fuel. Werner pays for the fuel. so by the same token here, he is getting free dividends off Werners money...is that not theft too? I am sure he didnt ask them if he could benefit off their fuel money.

just about every driver out there that works for a company that provides a fuel card does it.

werner as a company itself doesnt take showers or drink soft drinks. so honestly, why would they give a crap if a driver uses rewards points to maintain their personally hygiene or grab a fresh beverage?

so please take your "integrity issues" somewhere else. if he only loses a couple of showers and a few fountain drinks because his piss poor attitude and mouth he should consider himself lucky.

Ive done much worse to those who have screwed me over in the past, including putting a former friend in prison for 12 years. (his doing, I just gave him some help).

[QUOTE="Hang - Man";3897656]Are we just talking about a small amount of points that get you free showers --i dunno i am asking?
    If so i would think the trainer would be happy to spare a couple of points for "free showers" --are we talking about a large sum here ?[/QUOTE]

no not a large sum. typically a 100-200 gallon fill up is worth 1 shower credit. they expire after a week on a T/A non-platinum card. on a T/A platinum card they never expire. but you have to hit so many miles.

not sure on the Love's or Pilot rewards cards.

but i couldnt even do it today because my T/A card comes in the mail and I havent been home in a month to get my mail.

only way i can do it is we stop at a pilot or love's which is rare.

7. "Hang - Man"

Nov 12, 2013
    Western PA
    Lowa3468 LOl -yes i do not agree with DriveitUSA about taking the points, I just wanted to know what we are talking about.
    I cant remember if she is with an L/O or O/O or in a company truck -if shes in a company truck --then half the points for fuel are hers to take.
    If she is with a L/O that's a little different of course if i were the trainer i would want to make sure she had shower points and used them ! LOL

8. "Hang - Man"

Nov 12, 2013
    Western PA
    DriveitUSA you are a fire cracker LOL --never stop posting --i love it.
    LOL --i would think he would give you free showers knowing that you are just starting --but who knows what goes through peoples minds.

DriveItUSA Thanks this.
  9. DriveItUSA

DriveItUSA Light Load Member

Jan 3, 2014
    Denver, Colorado
    [QUOTE="Hang - Man";3897897]Lowa3468 LOl -yes i do not agree with DriveitUSA about taking the points, I just wanted to know what we are talking about.
    I cant remember if she is with an L/O or O/O or in a company truck -if shes in a company truck --then half the points for fuel are hers to take.
    If she is with a L/O that's a little different of course if i were the trainer i would want to make sure she had shower points and used them ! LOL[/QUOTE]

my trainer is a company driver. and #### straight I'm entitled to half the points lol.

[QUOTE="Hang - Man";3897908]DriveitUSA you are a fire cracker LOL --never stop posting --i love it.
    LOL --i would think he would give you free showers knowing that you are just starting --but who knows what goes through peoples minds.[/QUOTE]

I grew up with a brother and 9 of my cousins are boys...I'm tough and don't take no sass, lol. :biggrin_25511:

he's been giving me showers off of his card. if you get them both at the same time, you can get two showers for 1 credit.

"Hang - Man" Thanks this.
  10. Lowa3468

Feb 10, 2014
    Portland, Or
    See you part of those who think they are entitled to what ever they want and not earn it just give and if you won't give ill just take. Not only do you openly admit it but you also tell everyone on here it's ok to be dishonest as long as you get what you want.

you want to be a truck driver then by god pay your dues like all of us have, suck it up and earn it, hate to say it just from your last posting if you still with Werner for 6 months you be lucky, but I would bet Vegas odds that you will be on probation (not your original probation that happens when you get into a truck, but another probation after that. And be let go before that second probation is up.) I have seen it happen more than once.

it may be Werner buying his fuel, but it's your trainer who should be helping to take care of you as you only make what $450 a week while in training.

and again you don't even have a job, your in training, you have squat, and are not entitled to squat. Earn your stripes, you are not even a rookie driver yet. So now we can add lying, and being dishonest to this list, great job your true qualities are starting to shine.

any fellow drivers out there agree or is just one entitled just because they got a cdl?

11. Little Eddy

Little Eddy Medium Load Member

Mar 8, 2014
    OMG

I don't know where to start...this is so accusational and over the top that it boggles the mind.
    Let me see if I can post an analogy:
    Werner is you mother sitting in the front seat, the op is a little sister in the back seat sitting with her older brother who in this analogy is the trainer.
    Older brother is a bit of a jerk with his little sister but mom has told him to keep an eye on her. Mom buys older brother some french fries. Older brother shares some with sister but is still a jerk, older brother turns his head and sister takes a few fries that he doesn't notice. Mom bought the fries and trusted older brother to do right by his sister. Sister is pissed that brother is a jerk and takes a few fries.

The analogy works for no other reason then the "theft" of services is equal...a few fries is about the same as a shower.

I would suggest decaf...it is more calming and has less of a judgmental attitude as a side effect.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.