Werner: My experience (in progress)

Discussion in 'Werner' started by DriveItUSA, Feb 13, 2014.

1. DriveItUSA

DriveItUSA Light Load Member

Jan 3, 2014
    Denver, Colorado
    yup I am going solo after training for a year.

appreciate that but I dont drink coffee.

no. and you didnt include a big green smiley face, so no it wasnt obvious.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2014
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Little Eddy

Little Eddy Medium Load Member

Mar 8, 2014
    ??????????????????
    Check your mirrors...page 16 of this thread, btm of the page...what is that large green circle?
    :biggrin_2551:

From my post, under your quote that I did a mash up of with some edits for continuity.
    "the details of the trainer mentioned above to see if they would be willing to take me on as a student..."
    Not your trainer, but the trainer. First goes the sense of humor, next is comprehension.

FYI: "
    can't verbally compose a grammatically correct sentence or use proper words that actually exist in the dictionary"
    The word you are looking for is inarticulate. You're welcome.

My post wasn't obvious to you because you have blinders of attitude...I think solo will be a good fit for you.
    No need to continue our repartee, I'm moving on, good day to you madam.

Little Eddy

Last edited: Mar 15, 2014
    AfterShock, Lowa3468 and Joetro Thank this.
  4. ladr

ladr Road Train Member

Apr 14, 2013
    GA
    How is it training if the trainer is asleep?

5. Lowa3468

Lowa3468 Heavy Load Member

Feb 10, 2014
    Portland, Or

Well, don't you know? She knows where switches are, how to turn the key and grind the gears?

But seriously I wish people would quit hijacking this thread it's a good read especially page 13 on. Just waiting for an update myself, maybe we get one today/tonight.

6. Lowa3468

Lowa3468 Heavy Load Member

Feb 10, 2014
    Portland, Or

Does TTR have a training section, seems like she doing better here on training then in the truck

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2014
    pattyj Thanks this.
  7. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    You know I bet you're right,she seems to be on here an awful lot lately.

Lowa3468 Thanks this.
  8. "Hang - Man"

"Hang - Man" Heavy Load Member

Nov 12, 2013
    Western PA
    DriveitUSA can you use your powers for "Good" instead of "Evil".
    Beat the snot out of a driver that "parks" at a fuel island or pound a shipper /receiver that makes you spend 12 hours in their lot waiting for a load unload.
    :smt075 Beating the snot out of everyone on this site except the ones that agree with you cant be a good idea can it ?

9. BrenYoda883

BrenYoda883 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2013
    The way the training is set up, is the trainer must do a certain amount of observation for the first couple of weeks, also the student is on curfew and can not drive after midnight... now, it is up to the trainer if they feel comfortable with the students abilities to let the student drive and they go to sleep... if they feel the student is capable of driving while theysleep, then it takes longer for the student to complete their 275 hours of training.. usually they trainer will let the stiudent drive and go grab some sleep when they are on a pretty easy stretch of road..
    But, if the student has an accident or heads off in the wrong direction the trainer is responsible... it also goes against the trainer if the student has an accident or mishap within their first 30 days off the trainers truck...
    P
    Personally, I drove better when the trainer was in the bunk... dont know why, but I always did better with them I. The bunk then in the passenger seat...

Now that I am in my own truck and solo the learning and gaining experience has really begun.. loking back, my time training was a breeze compared to out on my own... when training truck stops were where the difficult and tight backing was.. then I get my truck and go solo... and encounter stuff we never did in training, dirt roads, delivering in caves, the rail yards were you get bounced around like you are off roading in a monster truck competition onlh to find your spot, where I actually used my tape measure to see if I would fit cause it was that tight.. after getting it in, I had to squeeze myself between the trailers to dolly down, on the positive side, I felt really big busted, dolly down, squeeze back out, get in the truck.. and go figure, yard dog comes and crabs the trailer next to me.. well, that would of been nice 5 minutes ago...

Anyway, my point is.. your real training begins when you are on your own.. making your own decisions and having only yourself to rely on... yes, at times there will be a kind fellow trucker to help you, but not always, and yoh cant always trust them..

So, the trainer sleeping is no biggie... they are still there.. you can wake them up..

10. giannajames

giannajames Bobtail Member

Mar 21, 2014
    idaho
    Well as an owner (Werner) you have some responsibility to know when your equipment is due for a checkup even if there is no reason for a service report to be filed that is common sense for anyone with an tractor or a trailer.

11. giannajames

giannajames Bobtail Member

Mar 21, 2014
    idaho
    Thanks Lowa for some reality and truth we all need it so we can make informed decisions because thats why this site exists it is for the We and us not the me...me....me... I appreciate Driveit for sharing Werner is on our list but moving down rapidly. what you have to say here can help me so thank you.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.