Werner not a good choice for newbes

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by BEROMO, Aug 19, 2008.

1. BEROMO

BEROMO Bobtail Member

Aug 19, 2008
    Fullerton, CA
    Yes. I realize this is a fact. But, I was also responsible enough inspite of being so new that I was always early anyway regardless of how many times they lost me in Texas and other places.

This wasn't the real "beef" with this company though, they told me I would be getting paid .26 cpm to start which in reality was "half" of that - .13 - then tried to "back peddle" out of it when I confronted them and used the excuse of firing my partner because of somethng on his criminal record 8 years ago after we had driven with them for 6 months! I never was reimbursed weigh fees, straps I had to buy once to secure a load - it just goes on and on with this company which left a bad taste in my mouth for trucking. I found they did a lot of other newcomers the same way

I learned my lesson though. My cousin scolded me when she found out and asked me why I didn't sign a contract. Well, I didn't know I was suppose to being so new and all.

I know better now. Thanks

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dreaman

Dreaman Medium Load Member

Sep 18, 2007
    Iowa
    I guess I would tell you to read the Driver Handbook. All of these items are covered.
    It's called trip planning. Match your directions with a map. In almost all occasions phone numbers are provided. Call and ask for receiving they are most likely the best to give directions as a lot of other drivers call them. As for bad directions did you call the number provided on the Quallcom and tell them the correct way or is that just left up to the next slug to take care of?:biggrin_25510:
    Did you send in the weigh ticket with the signed bills in the trip envelope? That is the only way it is going to get paid.
    Mileage pay for teams is covered in the hand book. I realize it would take a little effort to make sure what you are being told is what is real. I think you learned that lesson though.
    Not sure what to make of the co driver being let go.
    In case you all are wondering no I am not a Werner Corp. person just someone who has recent knowledge of how thier system works.:biggrin_255:

4. rhino514

rhino514 Light Load Member

Aug 21, 2008
    Hop Bottom , Pa.
    wow it is called planning your trip !!!!! i have only driven over the road for a year and it is pretty easy to figure out where you have to go... obviously you all have computers and prob they are laptops ....i use the qualcom directions as a guide then use google earth to look and see where i need to go... not real hard....

5. woodstock36

woodstock36 Medium Load Member

May 17, 2008
    NY
    Werner S#### and there is no two ways about it!!!!!!:biggrin_2552:

American only truck crazy girl, cause nothing else will do!!!!!!!!!!:biggrin_25520:

6. inthewindaz

inthewindaz Light Load Member

Aug 19, 2008
    Mesa, AZ
    Does anyone use or own a GPS device, cell phone with GPS, or carry a laptop from which they just google the location? Seems that would save alot of time, especially if done prior to leaving.

7. doubledragon5

doubledragon5 Road Train Member

Jun 8, 2008
    Lewisville TX
    I never had a gps and a lot of newbies aren't going to have them neither. I also did not have a laptop when first starting out. So what is the question again?

8. doubledragon5

doubledragon5 Road Train Member

Jun 8, 2008
    Lewisville TX
    So haven't I but again, alot of newbies won't know this unless their taught that in school.. From the sounds of some of you, you act like your were educated in every aspect of life right out or you mothers womb..

9. rhino514

rhino514 Light Load Member

Aug 21, 2008
    Hop Bottom , Pa.
    newbie or not they know they are going trucking and should be prepeared !!!!! i never went to school i drove local for a year and then went over the road but was prepared because i asked other seasoned drivers questions...

10. IROCUBabe

IROCUBabe Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2008
    Dallas, TX
    There are bad trainers at every company, I think Werner is a little easier because its fairly easy to be a trainer with Werner and they push it on their solo guys. If you complain to safety, and to the SDM you will save other trainees the same bs.

If you get lost and you expect pay for that, you need a new industry. The fact is most loads are less miles then actual, for instance, we recently got a load from AZ to TX real miles 470 paid 430, thats always going to happen.

We team for Werner, I whine constantly, and I have an extensive criminal record. For a billion nonmoving traffic tickets, to two arrest on stupid crap. But if its a felony, you are pushing your luck. If your performance is poor, your attitude poor, and then you start whining on top of this, then Werner, and pretty much any company, will try to find reasons to terminate you. And there are ALWAYS reasons.

I have always been reimbursed when I have sent in the proper docs. You have to send in a macro, then include the reciepts. All recruiters lie. Especially about pay, we are supposed to get 42 cents but generally we make 37. Find me a recruiting force that doesn't lie. Really it depends on your fleet, most recruiters tell you the pay for the highest paying fleet. WE COULD MAKE 42 cents a mile if we were on a certain account. I don't think its right but it is common.

I have always been reimbursed for the weigh fees, provided I send them the receipts on the right trips. You can't save them all and send them at the end of the week, they do it by trip.

Lurchgs Thanks this.
  11. BEROMO

BEROMO Bobtail Member

Aug 19, 2008
    Fullerton, CA
    Dreaman,

FYI - Everytime I received mis-directions from Werner I would call it in and give the proper ones after investigating it myself because I didn't like getting lost and of course the next driver wouldn't like it either. I am very considerate this way and professional and I expect the company I work for be the same:yes2557:

I did everything the way I was suppose to do it and was trained to do it inspite of their lousy directions and "still" made it on time and early to the drop off points. I sent in the receipts, was told I would be reimbursed - it never happened, not even the 85.00 dollar straps I had to purchase and the trailor wash I had to pay for in order to pick up the beer we were hauling into New Jersey

We were expecting the amount they told us we would be getting paid (.26 each cpm) - not only the recruiters told us this, but the people at the terminal in Fontana when I questioned them about it, no one person told us the real cpm was hidden in the back of a handbook

.26 cpm split?, we would have walked if that were the case because nobody drives for free and .13 cpm is practically free work they got out of us. :biggrin_25510:

Werner is a bunch of crooks in my opinion and no one will ever change my mind about that unless I receive all my money which is owed to me and my partner, reimbursements for things we had to pay for which was the companies responsibility and an apology in writing - but of course none of that is ever going to happen. :biggrin_25512:

"A Contract" and everything in writing is the proper way to conduct business with any trucking company and if you are told otherwise, think again carefully.:yes2557:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.