Werner - Not What I'd Heard (Thank God.)

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by BadInfluence, Nov 23, 2008.

1. crabby125

crabby125 Bobtail Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Scotch Plains
    Seriously dude? So if people have a decent experience is considered bull?

You have to also realize that noobs who go sign up, set themselves up with super high, almost unattainable, goals of these starter companies, then start to cry foul when they get starter pay. Most of the upset werner guys who I have spoken too are all pissy mostly because of this.

When I first started with werner as my first trucking job, i expected the worst. There were some good with the bad, but I will say I had a 95% positive experience with them.

I ran on their sears dedicated account in the northeast. I got along well with the dispatchers, and load planners. They were very cool with me and at the end of my last year, they gave me runs were I was home almost daily. I won 2 fuel lotteries and had made the 250k safe driver list.

Now it doesn't mean it was all great. My experience at the terminals was god awful. There were times I had to go to a terminal for something and I honestly felt like quiting. Everyone is from the shop guys to the office workers even to the security guards are nasty. God forbid you ask them a question. You get treated like a number. Luckily though, I was hardly in terminals so I just dealt with the pain.

I probably would have stayed longer with them if it wasnt for this yard jockey position which paid substantially better, close to home, and weekends off.

DriveItUSA Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.