werner on short list

Discussion in 'Werner' started by john b, Jan 10, 2012.

1. john b

john b Light Load Member

Dec 23, 2011
    midwest
    we had a recruiter come in at school today and he seemed very straight forth with us-i know i am green but the idea of working witha trainer for 8 weeks/270 hours sounds good to me,but i am worried about all the negativity that i read-i could use some input-thank you

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. clumben

clumben Light Load Member

Aug 21, 2011
    North Dinwiddie, virginia
    hey john

I am leaving for Allanstown today to start with werner and will post here about once a week about the training.

Just like you i have read all the bad stuff and the good stufff about werner but in my mind its only as good or bad as you want it to so i desided to go with werner my self

I hope you make the rigth choice and find the right starter comcpany for you

Good luck on the hunt but i think werner are a ok company to start out with

BigNasty15 Thanks this.
  4. Ruckie

Ruckie Road Train Member

Nov 12, 2011
    Bloom field,nj
    Well I have been with werner for 2 months as of tomorrow got 22 more hours to go in training as of midnight, I went home for xmas and new years with no problem whatsoever. My trainers are happy good miles and good equipment, the mobil eye is the only problem that they have, as far as me I'm fine with it looking forward to my six months so I can advance to a "better company" if this doesn't work out... Just remember is the trainers truck just drive hard and be respectful and you are going to be just fine

Puppage and 530pedalpusher Thank this.
  5. DenaliDad

DenaliDad Retired Wheel Dog

What is "the mobile eye"?

Last edited: Jan 16, 2012
  6. Ruckie

Ruckie Road Train Member

Nov 12, 2011
    Bloom field,nj
    Mobil eye is a radar that detects when you are too close to a car or changing lines without putting the proper signals... It can get really annoying on construction areas

7. capfiremedic

capfiremedic Light Load Member

Jan 8, 2012
    Bay St. Louis, MS
    Must be something new. I never heard of such a thing while I did my training.

8. Ruckie

Ruckie Road Train Member

Nov 12, 2011
    Bloom field,nj
    Yeah only the family dollar account makes it a requirement in the trucks but it might not be going feet wise from what I heard

9. 530pedalpusher

530pedalpusher Bobtail Member

Jan 18, 2012
    Redding,CA

Whats your typical take home pay?? How do they calculate your training hours??

Thanks

10. holedigger

holedigger Bobtail Member

Jan 22, 2012
    Hickory, North Carolina
    i trained at werner - oriented in Atlanta GA- no trainers so they sent 6 of us in two rental cars to Dallas TX- my 1 and only trainer is still a friend of mine but he is not at werner anymore- my driver manager was nikki brown in Omaha NE - what a witch -like all companies they treat you like crap to see if the can mold you into something else- "you are not paid to think - your paid to drive" watch your trainer on the qualcom and learn quickly how to operate cause if not you will not get all of your hours drove applied to you- do the paper logs your only record to finish training asap - i did not do the paper logs to match the qualcom and i lost 2 weeks- i was on my trainers truck 14 weeks- after 8 weeks they claimed that they did not have any trucks to issue to me so i stayed until i got my truck and my $500 graduation bonus- i was not leaving without that bonus- after training i stayed 8 months then i qualified to work for a better company- you have to put in your time with a company like werner to get to better paying jobs i did and almost went bankrupt- just now 3 years later i am doing better than i did at (.225 cpm ):biggrin_25521::biggrin_25521: werner

capfiremedic Thanks this.
  11. SpyderRyder

SpyderRyder Medium Load Member

Aug 29, 2011
    Rice, Texas
    I only spent 6 weeks out with my trainer and that included two home time periods amounting to 6 days and a two day wait just to find out there really was nothing wrong with the engine on the trainer's Frightliner. Yes I said "Fright". I did the logbook drill for 16 days when only 14 were required and never lost any hours. Just had to make sure the current driver was logged on.

On home time now after being out for three weeks and 2-1/2 weeks up in the Northeast and Canada, hey. Snow, ice, and rain. Crap, it was raining when I left Ontario last week then get down into Buffalo and it's snowing. Got the hell out of there just in time. Back home in Texas now and going to give the Family Dollar account a whirl and see how that goes.

Just remember that if you are maintaining a paper log the whole time to check it against your daily log recap on the Qualcom.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.