Werner Orientation

Discussion in 'Werner' started by TheBadger, Jul 21, 2010.

1. Dark_Majesty_06

Dark_Majesty_06 Road Train Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Poplar bluff, mo
    I sure do appreciate ya brooklyn.. I'm going in with an open mind.. A lot of me going to werner is because of past mistakes I've made.. And if I can make it a while here.. I'm happy.. I put up with maximum bs at my last job as a l/o.. So I think ill be stayin company.. Unless the diffrence between me leavin friday is being co or l/o.. I might check out the l/o option.. I'm stayin otr box right now untill I can change over to the freezer box sextion. So once again.. I appreciate your come back friend.

Couple other quick questions.. What is the lease option at werner? Credit and work oriented lease or a no credit, fleece? What are company drivers truckin in now for werner? Long noses or snub nose? I'm assuming 62 is the top speed for co and 65 for lease? Thanks and I promise to not hijack the thread anymore.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Brooklyn

Brooklyn Bobtail Member

Nov 12, 2009
    Earth normaly
    Company is 65 but I blow by them so not sure lol. I have yet to meet a Lease program worth the paper it was wrote on. They should put them on toilet paper. Then it would have some usefulness. When I was there 6 months with the company and 1,000 down got you a truck W.A.C. It wasn't a lease though you were buying a truck but it cost my friend and at 1.15 a mile your barely making it.

Dark_Majesty_06 Thanks this.
  4. Dark_Majesty_06

Jun 15, 2009
    Poplar bluff, mo
    Ya, most definitly.. Well it seems I won't be hounded here to lease.. That's one less thing to worry about. So I take it all those nice kws, petes and internationals are company? If so, that is quite the collection of company trucks there.

I know once in wi I had a werner t660 with a freezerbox pass me and I was running 65.. So maybe his truck ran 66 or so.. I dunno.. That's a big advantage if they do run 65.. That's all you really need to stay out of the way but stay infront of england and may.

Well it looks as if I just need to pass my driving and backing and ill be on the road, if given a truck.. I hope. I'm just curious, my bud has an abandonment on his record(long,drawn out sobb story).. I'm assuming even warner won't touch him.. Or maybe they would? He sure misses trucking.. And has called england to swift to pam. So I'm just curious if I could put the bug in his ear for here or just not say anything at all.

5. Teaforone

Teaforone Light Load Member

Nov 16, 2008
    In the Sandhills, NC
    Sorry I never came back, my inverter doesn't work on my truck and I had no internet. The only way I have it now is that my truck had to be towed so I am in a motel, LOL. Yes, company trucks are 65 mph and Werner is phasing out the Freightliner Classic, W900, and Pete 389. I got a Pete 387 with 480000 miles on it that was left in a drop yard and no APU. Yup you dont hear much about lease here at Werner, you wouldnt even know they have one if you didnt investigate. I did get a message over the qualcomm a few weeks back about buying used Freights but that was it. Personally, I would not do a lease with Big Blue; look what they pay us normal drivers you're not going to get much better on lease

6. MD STEELERS FAN

MD STEELERS FAN Light Load Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Perryman Md
    Hi I talked to a recruter the other day, they said if I was hired I would be on a dollar general account paying 800-1000/week. Does this sound right?

7. Dark_Majesty_06

Jun 15, 2009
    Poplar bluff, mo
    Well that sucks, maybe I can hope for a 386 or a prostar.. Well that's good at being company and 65... Thatll work out nicely.. I'm assuming that the "truck shortage" I was reading about from 08 is over? Anyone think they'll bring me all the way down to dallas to just say" no positions, so your not hired"? I've already taken the grey dog once in my life and that was enough.. Really not looking forward to doin it again or maybe twice. Lastly.. How tricky is this terminal in dallas to get into? My old company had a drop yard right by the old stadium in dallas... It was confusing at first.. Oh ya.. I'm asuming .31cpm on 48 otr dry van is just the recruiter lieing? If so.. What is the pay scale for 1 year otr exp?

8. Teaforone

Nov 16, 2008
    In the Sandhills, NC

I think you would have a good chance to be hired. I kept in contact with some people from orientation and they all got trainers fairly fast. After my 140 hours of training, I was dropped off in Indianapolis and given an assignment for a truck the next day. It would seem that the shortage is over at Werner. Heck, they have so many new trucks sitting in Lithia Springs and Springfield they shouldn't have much of a problem getting you something with a couple hundred thousand miles on it. I hoping that you get that 31 cpm. I'm on the southern regional and I only make .29 cents per mile and I drove for 9 months before and for year at my last job.

9. Teaforone

Nov 16, 2008
    In the Sandhills, NC
    This is just my opinion but I think that was just recruiter talk. I worked Dollar General with my old company and the average was about 600 a week, which is ok I guess. However, I am not familiar with Werner Dollar General. I know with Dollar General accounts they pay per mile plus for every stop you make

10. Dark_Majesty_06

Jun 15, 2009
    Poplar bluff, mo
    Well thank ya, I'm just a worry wart type.. So they could tell me all I have to do is sign a paper where I'm going for orientation in dallas,tx and I'm hired... And I'd still worry I wouldn't get hired, I just know in my situation.. My job oppertunitys fell thru so quick and all I'm left with is werner or working down at home depot as a stock boy.. Can't really see a career evolving from stocking.. Once I get my two years in..

Ill be 25 with 2 years otr and surely some smaller truckin company will need me.. So for now, I need a otr job and if I make 100 bucks a week.. Me and the ole ladys happy.. so anyone know how hard it is to get the refeer position? also, I'm going in for 2 days and the lady said I don't need training as I just got off my last truck 9 days ago.

. So if I can pass the driving test(worried because I haven't double clutched in forever.. Just floated.. And I'm darn good at it) and backing.. I just hope my "position" is stil there for me friday to go to.

11. Teaforone

Nov 16, 2008
    In the Sandhills, NC
    I didn't take a driving test at orientation, or after I got off the trainer truck. I think if you are experienced then they understand you got the basics

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.