Werner Orientation

Discussion in 'Werner' started by TheBadger, Jul 21, 2010.

1. Dark_Majesty_06

Dark_Majesty_06 Road Train Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Poplar bluff, mo
    Hey bub, ya.. I actually just took a leave of absence.. No one could pull their heads outta their butts and gimmie a decent truck.. Just pos freight shakers.. So I took a bus home.. But half way home talked myself outta throwin in the towl.. So ill be headin back tomorrow and hope for atleast a 52 or 53 series kw.. Or pete.. No more freightshakers.. Lol.. Hell set around for 6 days.. Took a full 200 dollar advance and insurance.. Still made 80 bucks.. So it aint all bad..

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bigrigtruckdriver

bigrigtruckdriver Medium Load Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Anywhere,US
    I don't care what I get, as long as it's got a working APU. Good luck. Are you going to be OTR or are you getting a dedicated?

4. Dark_Majesty_06

Jun 15, 2009
    Poplar bluff, mo
    Nah, I'm otr if they let me return.. Well I wanted a workin apu.. But mine was missin the ac compressor and a motor mount.. They had that replaced and then they had to recharge it.. Then it stopped working again.. So there's some real junk commin thru dallas.. I just hope for a w9, 379 or classic next monday.. A t600 would be okay too..

5. bigrigtruckdriver

Feb 24, 2009
    Anywhere,US
    I want a 386,387,or a t600. I am going to orientation in Springfield,Oh which is only about 10 miles from my home, but I will be on Walmart dedicated. Not a bad deal, 5 days out, 2 days at home a week.

6. Dark_Majesty_06

Jun 15, 2009
    Poplar bluff, mo
    Ya, I wish I had something like that around here.. But all I have is family dollar or dollar general.. And a measly 500-700 a week is nuffin.. At central I paid a lumper 400 dollars for 2200 pieces and no sorting.. So I'm just fine driving.. I just hope they bring me back.. I was supposed to be back today but money kept me from it.. So I gotta go back next sunday.. Ill be gone for 9 days then.. So hopefully my dm won't be pist.. There's a good chance for a 387 man.. Most of the 386s are new.. And usually upgraded students, teams and dedicated get em.. At least that's my understanding.. So good luck man.. Orientations decent and not deathly bad.

7. bigrigtruckdriver

Feb 24, 2009
    Anywhere,US
    Cool, I drove a 387 at central for exactly ..............30 miles. When my first 08 volvo blew up, I almost had a T-2000. But they tossed me in a 09 volvo

8. Dark_Majesty_06

Jun 15, 2009
    Poplar bluff, mo
    Figures... Ha! I leased my w9 at central..so that's why I'm so spoiled to the long noses.. I just won't know what to do with a extra foot or so up front when I'm backin...

Either way, so far my dms been understanding, even when I came home without telling anyone.. Then I couldn't come back when I needed.. He seems to keep his cool.. But ill know more when I get there sunday.. Hopefully it isn't going to be a situation where I get there and I'm not employed anymore..

I'm hoping also ill be able to do 48 till next spring then switch over to dollar general or hopefully a tcu.. Flatbed would be exellent too.

9. Starchdoggy

Starchdoggy Light Load Member

Aug 6, 2007
    seated
    Good luck with the 5 and 2 thing.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.