Werner paycheck small lately

Discussion in 'Werner' started by Steely76, Mar 13, 2010.

1. Steely76

Steely76 Bobtail Member

Jan 2, 2010
    TN
    Hey all!

Just wanted to see if any other drivers for Werner are having issues with getting miles with Werner lately? Hubby drives for them and lately he has been having some pretty small checks due to lack of miles and such. Just curious if it's a DM issue or company wide thing. Thanks if you are willing to post... :biggrin_25520:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. GatorinSC

GatorinSC Light Load Member

Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood, SC
    I was curious what region/routes he drives in? Is he dedicated or OTR? I am scheduled to start on the 22nd and am a bit weary of going and getting no miles. Thanks, Gator

4. CertifiedSweetie

CertifiedSweetie Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2008
    Pittsburgh,Pa
    When I drove for them I did all 48 states and when I would end up in the north east in like maine and new hamshire I constently would get a message saying there no frieght check back later and I woukd end up having a negative paycheck. I even got in trouble by my fleet manager because he said that I wasnt driving enough miles and I was just making about 3500/miles a month. Yeah I got in trouble because my manager wasnt giving me miles but they kept trying to say if I pay for a passport they would send me to canada and I would get more miles. But I dint want to get a passport.

5. jdsouza

jdsouza Heavy Load Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Port Orchard, Wa
    Its not that hard getting a passport. Some states like Michigan has Enhanced drivers licence which is just like a passport

6. CertifiedSweetie

CertifiedSweetie Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2008
    Pittsburgh,Pa

But i also had a pet they didnt know about and I think with going to canada I would have to provide his records in which I didnt have at the time. But i really didnt want to go. I heard alot of drivers who complained out doing canada runs.

7. Steely76

Steely76 Bobtail Member

Jan 2, 2010
    TN
    He is technically Midwest Regional but runs everywhere when he gets a load. He has been sitting more often then not lately due to truck issues but even when truck is running, he isn't.. :( Figured I would ask other Werner drivers and see if it's all around or if it's just his luck of a DM. LOL

8. red S-10

red S-10 Medium Load Member

Mar 12, 2010
    cullman,al
    hey gator are you going to orientation in atlanta? im suppose to call my recruiter tomorrow and set up a date for my orientation

9. Steely76

Steely76 Bobtail Member

Jan 2, 2010
    TN
    Good luck to both of you... :D I hope you both get good trainers/trucks/miles etc... :)

10. red S-10

red S-10 Medium Load Member

Mar 12, 2010
    cullman,al
    thank you very much i hope so to, i hope things pick up for your husband too.

11. phroziac

phroziac Road Train Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Gary, IN
    They just keep sending me to canada, thats all! I went there 3 times the last week I drove here (i took a week off, still work here)

Don't worry. You'll get about 3000 miles a week for your first month or so. It seems like they try to impress experienced new-hires with a TON of miles at first. Then it settles down to a normal amount (where your tires aren't on fire from running so hard lol)

Going to canada screws you out of miles to be honest. If you go through the NY or MI border you get to do a trailer inspection at a shop, and I always pick my canada inbound loads up from a split...meaning i have no choice on the trailer! It often ends up being an old ragged out one that fails inspection. one time i got a 34 hour restart waiting for the repairs. Waited in line for ages to get the inspection, failed, got sent to a wabash dealer, they're only open 14 hours a day, so i got there as soon as they opened. They bumped me up because im a werner driver (hahaha), got my trailer in the bay within an hour, and had to do 18 hours (book-rate) of welding......at a shop thats open 14 hours a day. ;)

And plus you get to sit in line at customs for hours. Trailer inspections and customs lines waste your drive hours. You can avoid customs lines sometimse by crossing the border at weird hours of the night...when truckstops are full.

For me though, my passport is valuable. I live in Michigan, which has an awkward shape and international border....and no inbound freight, but plenty of international loads cross through. I can get home by like, taking a load from Pennsylvania to Toronto and then pickup a load going west and split it in the Woodhaven, MI drop yard (Detroiter)

It's also a bit of a shortcut to do that from like NH

Regional is just a way of tricking you into thinking you'll get home every weekend if you dont ask your recruiter enough questions! I usually stay out 2 weeks at a time, I live in michigan (near chicago, just north of the indiana turnpike), i'm midwest regional. Every once in a while I end up on the east coast and I usually get to stay there until its time to go towards the house. If the miles are there, I kind of like that because I have to get a good long load to get home!

Sometimes I stay in my region the entire time, usually when that happens i'm running back and forth on I-80 between Chicago and various cities in Ohio. There's a lot of freight in Chicago going to Ohio and a lot of freight in Ohio going to Chicago apparently. heh. That gets boring fast, I can navigate Chicago and I-80 from the sleeper. But it sure is easy to get home from that route.

Good luck to them too.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.