Werner questions

Discussion in 'Werner' started by IL newbie driver, Oct 2, 2010.

1. IL newbie driver

IL newbie driver Light Load Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Burlington,WI
    This question goes out to current and former Werner drivers. I am thinking about applying with Werner. I would like to know both the good/bad about them. IE- Pay, miles per week, average miles per run, benefits, home time, equipment, and anything else you can think of. I have talked to a recurter at Werner and would just like to get some thoughts from drivers. thanks and appricate the time.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Roadmedic

Roadmedic Road Train Member

Apr 4, 2007
    Why not use the search button and type

Werner and then click the post button and read away.

Under Motor carrier section, there are alot of Werners as well.

4. KDuBB

KDuBB Bobtail Member

Oct 15, 2010
    Inverness,fl
    seing that im new ill give in to reposters ;) ive been driving for werner for about 6 months...its not what its hyped up to be with equipment being only 2 yrs old and under 400k im driving an 06 KW w900 with 500K on it, anyways on with the good- i havent had any problems getting home or started again, gra-gar is pretty awesome in NE guy replaced my radio cuz i bs'ing with him about it, i dont have any problems with mileage. my trainer was awesome (got to go home and still got the $500 for not taking paid time off during training) they take you with no experience.. THE BAD- im making .26 CPM dont have an APU and they complain about idleing (havent experienced this myself) , weekend and night staff do NOTHING to help, most of the time just make u more angry, STAY AWAY FROM TERMINALS! at alllllll costs, you will more than likely be stuck there for a day or 2 depending on what safty flagged ur truck/trailer with, and the no inverter policy? not allowed to have em but ive talked to drivers that have t.v's xbox's and microwaves?? without an apu so not 100% on that...and a $250 dollar non refundable deposit for having an animal..kinda sucky

5. Redclay

Redclay Bobtail Member

Oct 16, 2010
    Dallas, Texas
    People in lead roles at Werner act as if you are bothering them if you ask a question. Most will tell you any thing to get you out from in front of their face and the answers will be short. They are big butts and most should not be in the position they hold. THE HOURLY people are normally helpful, like the yard dogs.
    As far as the miles, I know some that do not get many runs, and some that cant get any rest due to the JT loads. Your dispatcher is the one that feeds you, do not piss them off. Stay away from the terminals. Dallas will red tag all empty trailers and claim to be a DOT only repair on the tractor and is really like a prison. GO THERE, YOU WILL SEE. Denver has no empty trailers. Laredo has an ice cream machine. Phoenix, El Paso ,Fontana are all the same. Not much of any thing. Dallas has a lot of unused trucks, the new ones are just for looks. No APU…113 in the lot, try getting in the top bunk…..

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.