Werner Trainer Craps Himself

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by later_dude, Mar 22, 2008.

1. Smaggs

Smaggs Pie Crust

Apr 12, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I'm hungry for bugers

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Firsttimetrucker

Firsttimetrucker Bobtail Member

Nov 7, 2011
    Nevada
    I am currently sitting in a seedy hotel waiting on a new trainer after 2 weeks with apparently the same trainer you are talking about. I couldn't take it anymore. The smell was unbearable. I surprised they let someone with such a bad hygene habbits train people. Not to mention him being overwieght, which led to him being so lazy he was unsafe to himself and others because he couldn't move without a ton of effort so he didn't do anything that wasn't absolutely nessisary to get the truck moving. The longer I wait the more I question this company and perhaps my choice of starting a career in Trucking.

4. Mommas_money_maker

Mommas_money_maker Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2011
    North Carolina
    LOL , He didnt happen to work for System Transport (out of Spokane, wa) before Werner did he?

5. truckerfromhell

truckerfromhell Light Load Member

Oct 12, 2007
    springfield,ohio
    either werner driver like that or mexican drug cartel?

6. The Duchess

The Duchess Bobtail Member

Jul 31, 2010
    Werners policy of holding trainers responsible for trainees mistakes (tickets, accidents) after they have completed training and are out on their own by lowering the trainers pay for a few months is making a lot of good trainers stop training. It's not worth the risk to their income anymore. The trainers can only give the trainees the information they need and ensure they are able to do the job while on the trainers truck. After that, the trainer isn't there to make the traninee to do what he was trained to do. But is held liable when the trainee makes bonehead mistakes when he's out on his own. Not good incentive to keep good trainers...
    Having said that, there were a few bad trainers that needed to be weeded out because they weren't doing their job. There were a few out there that wouldn't let the trainee even touch the qualcomm or make any decisions, etc. while on the truck.
    Werner should recruit only experienced, socialble drivers with a proven track record of good driving skills and the desire of teaching those skills to others. Not the ones who only want the extra pay that a student on the truck will get for them.

AfterShock Thanks this.
  7. Okieron

Okieron Crusty Okie

Dec 23, 2009
    muskogee, ok
    Wow this thread is never ending ! Man I'm glad I didn't go to Werner ! My trainer was a good man and I'm a better driver because of Him. I would have left this guy somewhere out on the road in the desert and done the world a favor.

8. snowbird_89

snowbird_89 Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2009
    Massachusetts
    I'm so sorry you went to Werner. What made you go despite all the bad rants against this company? I really hope you find a better company. Try Roehl in Wisconsin.

9. Blue02celi

Blue02celi Road Train Member

Aug 3, 2007
    Melbourne, FL
    LOL
    this thread started 3 and a half years ago, but that first post is hilarious.

danny - I'm also looking into what company to choose once Im thru school which I am planning on starting in january. For us newbies looking for companies, well I think if you look on the forums, you can find at least one post that has bad rants about any of the companies out there. So for me its just finding one that I can live with and get what it is I'm after. I know no company is perfect and there will always be people who had bad experiences with them but if I didn't consider a company because of what someone said about them on the forums, I'd be left with no options ( I don't just mean this company as it wasn't one I have looked at yet )

AfterShock Thanks this.
  10. snowbird_89

snowbird_89 Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2009
    Massachusetts
    Like I said, Roehl in Wisconsin is a pretty good company. Their pay is much better for newbies than all those other bottom feeder companies and their training is great compared to the bottom feeders. If not Roehl, Swift can be your second choice. They don't get as many bad rants like all the other companies. Do you only wanna do OTR or you interested in local driving?

11. American-Trucker

American-Trucker Road Train Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Charlotte, North Carolina

if your in denver check out Watkins Shepard we have a terminal there.

American Trucker

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.