Werner Trainer Craps Himself

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by later_dude, Mar 22, 2008.

1. Blue02celi

Blue02celi Road Train Member

Aug 3, 2007
    Melbourne, FL
    danny - right now looking for OTR, which i think most people new to trucking enter into, tho I know people have said you can get local if you really look. I'd like to travel a little for now since I dont have anything holding me down. eventually yeah I'd like to do local, and if something happened to come up now for local i wouldn't turn it down (or now being after school lol)

AmericanTrucker- thanks Ill look into it, the school im planning on attending (sage) is having a job fair next week that im gonna stop by and see which companies show up and just get some of their info, and stevens is having seminars in the area this week so planning on stopping in at one this weekend

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. AfterShock

AfterShock Road Train Member

Sep 19, 2007
    Inland Empire, California
    Humor can be like fine wine, --
    it gets better with age.
    Ya reckon.

Welcome to TTR Blie02celi.
    I ain't danny, but I think I can help y'all out when it comes to separatin' the facts from the bovine excrement contained within the various good & bad company posts as well as posts in other threads.

Probably your best source for accurate information would be threads written by newBees as they're goin' through orientation and trainin'. A play-by-play accounting of their experiences.

Tryin' to figure out what's what in the good and bad companies sections is a tad trickier. It takes a little time to get a 'feel' for who's just blowin' off excess steam and who has a legitimate complaint. Obviously those blowin' off steam should be taken for what they're worth.

Ideally, you're lookin' for the companies that offer, and produce, the best trainin'. Y'all are buildin' a foundation to build upon, --- the stronger the better.

The best pay is probably high on the list, but what y'all are paid may not appear in dollars and cents. Personally, I'd be willin' to shave a few cents off mileage pay for better trainin', --- but that's just me.
    If top pay is important when just startin' out consider how many miles, on average, the various companies are dispatchin' to their drivers. If company A offers more per mile but their drivers sit a lot the pay may be close to the same as company B that pays less per mile but runs more miles. Only problem with sittin' and waitin' is y'all are in trainin'. How much trainin' do y'all need to sit and wait for a dispatch? If the wheels ain't turnin', you ain't learnin'.

It's also very important to be aware of how the various trainin' companies accomplish said trainin'. IMO, the trainin' companies that allow the trainer(s) to sleep while the trainee is behind the wheel should be avoided. (Too) Often a so-called 'trainer' is primarily interested in the trainees log book to run additional miles, sometimes actually runnin' like a team, which puts more money in the trainer's wallet, --- at the expense of the trainee's trainin'.

With the cost of fuel and the recent No Idling laws and ordinances imposed by many towns, cities and states, y'all might want to consider comfort. Companies that provide APU's to lower fuel consumption while still providin' comfortable temperatures for sleepin' in hot and/or very cold weather would certainly be appreciated. Rollin' down windows in warm weather creates a security risk and possibly health risks, as dust in Big truck truck stops contains elements I wouldn't recommend breathin' if it can be avoided. The A/C should filter the kooties out.

Y'all can sorta keep score betwixt the good and bad expressed here. Pay attention to the complaints to determine if there's a pattern of recurring complaints, --- that can be a red flag indicator that there's some validity to the complaint(s). How do the good and bad compare in numbers? Y'all will probably find that they're about equal. If there are more good comments, that's obviously good. If there are a few more bad than good, approach with caution. When the bad disproportionately outnumber the good, and especially if there's a pattern to the complaints, that would be a company to avoid or sign with at your own risk.

The task before y'all now consists of research. The more, the better. Just by readin' you'll be absorbin' information without even knowin' it. While readin', notice which companies the various posters actually drive for as well as their comments.
    There's a certain Big truck truckin' company that advertizes great things, and will give a complete newBee with three months total experience the chance to "be your own boss" by leasing them a Big truck with Big payments ($400 --> $600 a week) plus various other deductions that come off the top, --- the newBee lease/operator receives whatever remains of their earnings, which sometimes is in the red, and even wind up owing more than they were paid.

Needless to say there are more who go belly-up than make the grade. For them, their new career ended before it really could get started. To make matters worse, this certain company is notorious for dingin' DAC's, (ie: abandonment of equipment, -- a SERIOUS No-No) -- makin' it extremely difficult, if not impossible, to find any reputable Big truck truckin' company willin' to hire them.

There are those who say it isn't all that important which truckin' company y'all go with at first.
    I don't agree. :biggrin_25512:
    Signin' on with the right WRONG truckin' company could cost y'all everything, --- includin' a Big truck truckin' career.
    Be careful.
    Gain knowledge.
    Choose wisely.

Good luck and best of success.
    :salute:

4. acer1292

acer1292 Bobtail Member

Jul 9, 2011
    Boaz,AL
    Hahaha dat funny rite there don't matter who you are that funny right there.. Git r dun!

:biggrin_2559: he must of forgot his adult diapers!

'I don't condone the act of mistreating anyone persons, age ,sex or nationallty. or disability
    .Holding my hand in the air under oath'

but some people its uncalled for atleast have baby wipes!

5. snowbird_89

snowbird_89 Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2009
    Massachusetts
    Oh yea. Forgot about that company! Thanks ATK.

6. acer1292

acer1292 Bobtail Member

Jul 9, 2011
    Boaz,AL
    Dang. my post is comment from the very first thread starter..

&$%& stupid touch phone!

7. ironpony

ironpony Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    Then there's this carrier that provides NO training, 10 days of classes, and calls the result a "trained driver."

Yup. Some foundation.

8. Joescheppae Q

Joescheppae Q Medium Load Member

Aug 20, 2011
    Ply Mtg, PA
    I saw that sweet W/S recruiting poster w/ the 20 trucks parked in the parking lot below the Maroon Bells at CDL school. That explains the Denver terminal.

9. American-Trucker

American-Trucker Road Train Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Charlotte, North Carolina

you lost me lol

American Trucker

10. GreenChile

GreenChile Light Load Member

Jul 11, 2011
    Spring Hill Florida
    :biggrin_2559: YOU CAN'T MAKE THIS UP :biggrin_2559:

11. Smaggs

Smaggs Pie Crust

Apr 12, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I'm still laughing about the "bugers". Just look at my avatar.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.