werner training pay.$$$

Discussion in 'Werner' started by robbiecox6, Jun 23, 2010.

1. red_eye

red_eye Medium Load Member

Dec 30, 2009
    belpre, ohio
    350 a week.. lucky if you get 1 shower a week..bring more food then clothes..they run you like a team from day 1.. I stuck it out for 5 weeks.. still only had 136 hours of the 300.. all short runs..that really suck..longest run was 400 miles.. all have to be there at 7am..for first drop.. Was stuck in motel every weekend.. night dispatch are dumb arses.. No Apu..was told 90% have apu..if no apu..you cant idle more then 4-5 mins..before truck shuts off.. good luck to anyone considering Wiener

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. PartyLeprechaun

PartyLeprechaun Bobtail Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    I know what you mean. The secound week I was with my trainer he took 5 days off so I got to sit on my butt and not get any hours behind me. i was out 5 weeks and only had 112 hours and we got runs that went around 900 miles but there wasn't many rins. WE WOULD END UP SITTING MORE THEN DRIVING. I got used to not showering for 3 to 4 days at a time fast.

4. fallsman

fallsman Bobtail Member

May 30, 2010
    the problem with werner is that you do not become an employee until after training where if you need to verify employnmnet to save you credit two months is not good to wait I took school to save my house Werner would not send a letter to my bank until two months I also wonder if there is a bad accident to you in the truck where your legal standing is. Werner recuits hard because They are at the bottom. PS the other companies put you on right after orintation

5. phroziac

phroziac Road Train Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Gary, IN
    even if that was true, youre still legally considered an employee...

6. PartyLeprechaun

Apr 30, 2010
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    True and you are on one of their trucks so they are legally obligated to make sure you are taken care of. I don't see how you couldn't be an employee if they are giving you a check with taxes taken out.

7. hcso506

hcso506 Light Load Member

Oct 17, 2009
    oklahoma
    I think you are actually a employee of Drivers Solutions,or Drivers Management or whatever their lil side company for new drivers is called.I went thru that with workmans comp.Werner said i was never an employee for them.

8. PartyLeprechaun

Apr 30, 2010
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    No I'm an ex-employee as of a few days ago. I got tired of everyone giving me the run around and either flat out lying or "I don't know". I found a company that would tell me what I would be earning from the start. I never once heard how much I would make with werner once I was in my own truck. I was told I would have to wait and see. I was told i would drive the western region, and that's so they don't have to pay you better cpm, for actualy running all 48. So sorry I don't like working for a company that leaves you in the dark all the time.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2010
  9. red_eye

red_eye Medium Load Member

Dec 30, 2009
    belpre, ohio
    I have to agree.. I was told 32cpm then told 24 the told 26 ld and 15 mt..
    i do know my trainer was making 32.. but his checks was still small.. like 600 buck before taxes..

10. phroziac

phroziac Road Train Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Gary, IN
    Yes, you area n employee of drivers management, its a fake employment agency for tax purposes. You are NEVER an employee of werner, as a driver.....

11. fallsman

fallsman Bobtail Member

May 30, 2010
    as posted before I asked werner for a letter before I went with them and they told me they could not give it until later 2 months later Thatgwould not help with my house refinance.. If you have already going jump in with two feet. One of the guys in my class went with them and he says it is going alright. He is a college graduate and has a realistic view to the adventure

bigtex07 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.