Werner Training

Discussion in 'Werner' started by BadMotherTrucker, Nov 24, 2008.

1. Jayshawn89

Jayshawn89 Light Load Member

Oct 12, 2009
    texas
    Totally not true this guy never drove for werner

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. whosedog

whosedog Medium Load Member

Mar 18, 2009
    fair lawn nj
    My 23 year old son drove for them 1/3/11 till 4/12/11.You either haven't been with them long enough to get screwed by them or you are a recruiter for them.He just got his 13 page long qualcom log printout mailed to him yesterday.Why are you stalking me?

4. Starchdoggy

Starchdoggy Light Load Member

Aug 6, 2007
    seated
    I have worked for them since 2007, a little longer than your 23 year old son. I hope you consider that long enough to get screwed by them. I have not made less than 47k per year with them. I am not a recruiter and would strongly suggest you not work for them. Yes some of what is here is true too.

Honestly I am tired of your whining about your sons poor experience with werner. 13 pages aint that long and who cares anyway. I honestly hope the roofing thing works out better for you.

5. whosedog

Mar 18, 2009
    fair lawn nj
    My reply was to jay shawn,he was implying that I was a liar.My son is the roofer,not me,they started him at $18 per hour,one month after Werners terminated him. He works a 40 hour week,Saturday is time and 1/2. If you want to know my pay,it's $26 per hour plus State of NJ pension and benies,I've got 35 years in the PERS.I am in a Union and my son the roofer will be an union apprentice hopefully soon;right now he's just a non union company employee.
    .I am glad that things are working out well for you;but apparently you're not 100% happy with Werner because you state in another thread that you are searching for another job. The only reason I post about Werner is to give newbies some info that the recruiters don't tell them.If you are tired of reading my posts (my whining)put me on ignore because I'm not going anywhere.You admit in your post that"some of what is here is true" ,please explain what you mean by this.
    Is Swift better than Werner? I read a lot of posts from Swifties and for the most part they seem to be some what happier with their employment. The reason I ask about Swift is my 23 year old roofer has a twin brother with a Class A CDL. He is going OTR training with Swift in 2 weeks. Then I can come on here and whine about Swift;that's my hobby,whining on the truckers forum.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2011
    Starchdoggy Thanks this.
  6. Starchdoggy

Aug 6, 2007
    seated
    I know who your post was for as I can read. I know your son is the roofer as well. I know you are the gardener or landscaper or whatever it was I read in one of your posts before as well. My point is you have never worked for Werner. Anything you post about them is only second hand information and rumors.

You are right that I am not entirely happy with them but I have been here for longer than your son was and have dealt with many if not all of the issues that you say he had, yet I am still employed. I do not know that I have ever said things are working out well for me, I make decent money, but that does not mean I things are great.

Yes some of what you say is true, as is a lot of what is posted by other people who have driven for Werner. That just brings me to my point, you have not driven for Werner. As far as I know you have never driven for anybody or even worked in the industry.

It is only fair that this is pointed out from time to time. I also still find it funny that you posted of how great Werner was when your son first started and things were going well. Then one day your son got canned for what I consider just reasons if all your posts of the tale were true, and suddenly Werner sucks. This really shows me that you have no idea at all about what you post and this all comes back to YOU HAVE NEVER DRIVEN FOR WERNER.

So to move on what I am trying to say is there are plenty of people that have worked for Werner that can post their experiences here good and bad and yes the bad out numbers the good and yes that is probably fair.

You can continue to post as you wish and I may or may not contradict you from time to time. All I am trying to do is give an honest opinion of working there from somebody who actually does work there. I am not sure I have ever suggested anybody to work here.

By the way is there a roofers report? Are you posting the good times now? If so I hope they stay that way and things work out for your son so you can enjoy living his life a little more.

7. whosedog

Mar 18, 2009
    fair lawn nj
    Starchdoggy, I agree with you,you have way more experience than my son got.You are one of the many happy Werner long time drivers,congratulations on your record.
    My first post on this thread was agreeing with what previous posters(Werner drivers) had said about the company.One poster said: Werners training program is setup for the purpose of creating a 2nd tier "team driving" division.By constantly hiring new students and putting them in training trucks,they have a cheap source of labor to keep their trucks moving 24 hours a day.I'm almost certain that the Werner business plan allows for the cost of training and turnover for a massive number of students,in return for the profits generated from the cheap driving labor for these 2nd tier teams.
    My question to you Starchdoggy is this, do you agree or disagree with that post?

8. Starchdoggy

Aug 6, 2007
    seated
    Wow you do online sarcasm fairly well. Anyway please find for me where I have ever said that I am "happy" with Werner. If you find that post I am sure is is old.

How did you know I have a record, do you have it on vinyl? I have a new one called super summer hits of the dog's and doggy's coming out soon with K-tel, please be sure to buy that one too!

If your little summary here is what you want me to agree or disagree with then I will have to take the easy way out and say neither agree nor disagree. I think the 2nd tier "team driving" division created by the training program is a byproduct of their training program, not the design of it. Yes they have adapted and learned to use and exploit it in their business.

Werner has some of the lowest pay that is possible, and that is one of the reasons they also have one of the highest turnover rates possible. The majority of their trucks however are operated by solo drivers and not team. Having the high turnover they need to have people ready to fill seats so they train. Yes this also creates a team driving division and yes they exploit that. I don't really think their training program is how one should be trained to drive a truck, but I do not run the company and have no say in this issue.

I may be wrong but I think their business model is more in line with Wal-marts. They try to make their money in volume. I have spoken with a few non driving company employees (and no not FM's or DM's) that have stated as much themselves. One told me he had never worked for a company that had such a low percentage of profit on loads before. They just want to turn a profit and run as much as possible.

They will run cheap freight as they do have cheap labor and the more they run the more they make. It is really basic capitalism and what drives our Country. Many say that the practices of these huge corporations that make lots of money by exploiting the little guy and killing smaller businesses is destroying our country. I have to somewhat agree with that one, but that is also what makes our Country run.

Your statement:
    pretty much sums up the issue I have with you. You post a lot of second hand stuff as if it is fact.This is the first time I have seen you say I am almost certain, most times you just state it as if it is fact. Other than that whatever. I do hope your son does well in roofing and if you got one going to swift good luck with that as well. I have never worked there so I will not venture an opinion on them.

Hope this helps answer your question, if not oh well.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2011
    Jimmeyjack and whosedog Thank this.
  9. robg22

robg22 Bobtail Member

Jun 21, 2012
    im driver at werner and i was thinking to become a trainer but dont know how it is over in the sears acc any body could tell me any thing about trainer pay in the acc

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.