Werner training

Discussion in 'Werner' started by Git_R_Done, Dec 15, 2008.

1. mademistakesb4

mademistakesb4 Light Load Member

Oct 10, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Every company has good and bad with them that goes from the largest of the companies to the smallest. Werner has plenty of bad yes but they have some good, a bad thing right now is for all the new guys and gals fresh out of school who have the 300 hrs. to do there is no guarantee you will be able to get your own truck and run at that point its really tight right now and you should prepare yourself for the situation where they will ask you to remain onboard that trainer truck until something comes available or you can go home on a Leave of Absense and hope something comes up because if not then after 30 days of being home on LOA you are removed automatically form the system and DAC'd as a voluntary quit and while yes you can be rehired I dont know if they would make you do the hours again or not I havent been in that situation and not sure how it would be handled.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Desiredname

Desiredname Light Load Member

Nov 11, 2008
    NJ
    That is one of my fears as well, end school go with trainer and find out no trucks avail... Is that when they start hounding you about the lease program?

4. mademistakesb4

mademistakesb4 Light Load Member

Oct 10, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Negative, Werner does not have a lease program they are very much a company driver company. They have a fleet sales division but its like a normal sales lot and you have to be approved through Wells Fargo if you go through them or by your bank if you go that route and the packet they give you doesnt really make the prospect of being a O/O very promising. I threw it away once I saw the breakdown and it showed that you can make after all expenses and taxes, etc, etc, give or take on average 30,000 BRING HOME, yes i didnt leave out a zero or anything. I believe most seasoned drivers would agree even at a low end this is now where near being worth the hassle that comes with being a O/O or a L/O

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.