Werner trucking student driver program lawsuit

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by crucifyme, Mar 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rubberducky68

rubberducky68 Road Train Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Jefferson GA
    Can't pass the back x-ray? I am curious to hear about that as I have a recent back injury that required surgery but I am good to go now. Even got a current DOT card. Just wondered if companies are going to frown on me for that.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Saddletramp1200

Saddletramp1200 Road Train Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Houston Texas,USA
    It's called DDD, the disks in my back are worn out. Can't be repaired. Osha, no Med card. No carrier will hire you. Insurance! I will switch to drop & hook, Nope sorry. Oh you can drive Your Rig anywhere you want. Only scum brokers will use you tho. You go broke fast. Mostly produce out of S. Texas. Ever get DOTed, your shut down, NO med card. A gun to my head would have been kinder. So now I just help drivers here :)

4. formertaxidriver

formertaxidriver Heavy Load Member

Jan 22, 2008
    Aiea, HI
  5. OPUS 7

OPUS 7 Road Train Member

Aug 13, 2010
    So..with your unbiased opinion on lawyers vs sweat shop trucking companies.Your telling us the lawyers are to be the hated,and despised of the two?
    While an attorney will chase the almighty dollar through divorce,wrongful death,workplace,the list goes on and on.
    What seperates the lawyers,from the company listed in the non existant suit?
    The only difference I see,is the mentioned trucking company has more time,and experience on screwing drivers,where an ambulance chaser will at least get the driver some money,and hopefully help prevent future screw jobs on uninformed new drivers.
    Wheres the REPORT A BAD ATTORNEY section?Theres a whole butt load of stories on screw jobs being laid out by these so called driver friendly beginner trucking companies.
    The lawyers have to get a college degree to rape,but recruiters just need a phone,and the ability to call you "honey,baby,darlin,sugar puss" a few times during your conversation,and the end result is the same.:confused:

6. rubberducky68

rubberducky68 Road Train Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Jefferson GA
    Hate to hear that man, about your discs. I am sure that can be painful at times if not all the time. Hope I am not discriminated against just for having a few pieces of titanium in my back.

7. otherhalftw

otherhalftw R.I.P.

Nov 18, 2008
    CA...gold discovery foothills
    You don't need to show me the TTR rules...I know them! When you (as you have done to me previously) attack the poster, not the post....but you know the rules!

I disputed all your points, and started with sarcasm from your post...and this is all you have for rebuttal?!

I didn't say to pick one or the other. And all lawyers aren't in the same "screw the client game" these "personal injury" groups all prey on people in the "lower income" section of society. They advertise on satellite radio, late night TV, billboards along the highway..."honest" lawyers don't need to advertise, they work on referred clients from having a winning case history and good reputation.

The lawyers don't offer the "client" a future career. They don't take on a rookie, put them in a $100k rig with a "trainer" to show them the ropes of the industry. Lawyers don't take a chance, by putting an investment and liability in the hands of a rookie fresh out of school.

That is correct..."the company" does have more experience with "drivers"....the lawyers don't limit themselves to this one industry, they screw every occupation they go after!

This a trucking forum....not a legal advertising board....like this thread started out!

You are lumping all the training companies into one group. Every training company has a certain group of "satisfied" drivers on their rosters...even CR England, and Werner, Swift, Covenant, Stephens...just because one person...or a bunch...have complaints about how "that" company screwed them...but we find here on TTR that some of these complaints don't tell the whole story, just the one driver's side of the story. Are they all BS stories? No, some are legitimate...but what about those who don't put the honest issues to the discussion, somehow managing to leave out the part(s) that they didn't follow procedure, company policy, accidents....who knows?

No Lawyer is required to have a college degree...just go down and pass the Bar Exam in any/all states....you get your license to practice law, even without a college paper hanging on the wall....just the State License.

Just like signing a lease with a trucking company...if you can't/don't understand what is put in front of you to sign.....don't sign! Never go into any venture unless you understand what you are doing, or what someone is doing for you!

As to this thread; I don't know how it got past the filters! This first post on this thread is nothing more than an advertisement to get a bunch of "disgruntled", dissatisfied former drivers to join in an action to bring forth a law suit against a "deep pocket" highly insured corporation. For some reason....I have the feeling the OP has never even been at the wheel of a Werner rig! He didn't even know the company name!

OPUS 7 Thanks this.
  8. bulletproof77

bulletproof77 Medium Load Member

Oct 2, 2009
    Victorville, CA
    Yes, and I guess you, "otherhalftw" will continue to bash posters who oppose the current sweat shop conditions in the trucking industry. People get real tried of hearing that old saw about "that's just the way it is"...No, it isn't..I applaud ANY lawyer who stands up to the current garbage/free labor/ "way it is"...Hope your feeling pretty victorious. Keep justifying working for nothing.

crucifyme Thanks this.
  9. NOT4BUT6WHEELS

NOT4BUT6WHEELS Bobtail Member

Feb 4, 2012
    san diego, ca.
    so what u are saying if your a trainee, they can pay you a dollar a month!

10. BanditTrucker

BanditTrucker Light Load Member

Nov 24, 2011
    KS
    werner is right there with crst as the worst trucking company ever, their turnover is so huge that dm's get lists of new drivers weekly.

11. Jorihe84

Jorihe84 Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2010
    North Florida
    Some people fail to realize training companies like Werner, CRST etc... have a high turnover because of students realizing trucking isn't for them. I worked at USX for 2 years and seen alot of students willingly quit.

Companies are not out to bind you in a contract then make you quit. You can turn more revenue for them in one week then that measly 4k tuition. Companies are all about expansion. That's how they became the mega carrier in the first place. Not by making ppl quit.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.