WERNER???

Discussion in 'Werner' started by robbiecox6, Apr 24, 2013.

1. robbiecox6

robbiecox6 Light Load Member

Jul 1, 2007
    Greenville, NC
    why do so many people talk bad about werner,, if their are so bad why are they still trucking,,..

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Jakaby

Jakaby Medium Load Member

Mar 25, 2012
    Grenada, Mississippi
    They're still trucking because they'll hire people with no experience and train them. Trucking is like every other business, in that they pay for experience. As long as there are people willing to work for what Werner will pay, then you will keep seeing blue trucks rolling. IMHO, they are no better or worse than most of the mega carriers, the exception probably being CR England. The thing about Werner is they used to be pretty bad as far as pay goes. You can make more with just about every other carrier out there.

In the end, they have a lot of drivers, so someone keeps applying with them. I'm not going to ever work for them, which I'm sure there are folks losing sleep over

robbiecox6 Thanks this.
  4. derwood

derwood Light Load Member

Sep 14, 2012
    they are an entry level company, they hire experianced drivers but the biggest majority of them are students fresh out of school. there is nothing wrong with that, have to start somewhere. They get knocked around becuase they hire students and most students dont have a clue what they are getting themselves into, they think they do but in reality they dont. And many when they get slapped in the face with what the ugly life of trucking is will lash out at the company and blame them. When I talk to students I stress this is not a job but a lifestyle and until you do it you cant understand it, reality is a fickle ##### LOL

5. macmoran

macmoran Bobtail Member

Oct 9, 2012
    Stockton, CA
    Well stated derwood! All I understood when recently starting was the, "It's a lifestyle." This being the start of my second career, I find many traits possessed in my first find a home in my second - attention to detail and focus/commitment to a job well done/don't sweat the small stuff/and above many other attributes, be flexible - adapt and overcome. As long as you keep everything in the proper perspective, the days get better every day - you learn, you appreciate the help of others, and you become a better driver.

derwood Thanks this.
  6. TonyVski

TonyVski Bobtail Member

Mar 28, 2013

Thanks for such a balanced and well-considered post. I finished orientation on Saturday and am at a hotel, waiting for a trainer. I'm keeping an open mind and am going into this knowing that it will be a challenging and rewarding experience (as most worthwhile endeavors inevitably are). It's the dawn of a new segment of my life, and I am going to give it my all. Good luck and safe travels to you all!

7. robbiecox6

robbiecox6 Light Load Member

Jul 1, 2007
    Greenville, NC
    I hope everything goes well for you!!!

8. Ruckie

Ruckie Road Train Member

Nov 12, 2011
    Bloom field,nj
    werner is a good company to start they got plenty of dedicated accounts that you can move until you find something that fits you but just remember get your year of experience and run like hell!

9. truckerpunk71

truckerpunk71 Bobtail Member

May 28, 2013
    Jacksonville, NC
    but i want to stay with Werner and get my 1,000,000 mile award. It's my dream.

10. Ruckie

Ruckie Road Train Member

Nov 12, 2011
    Bloom field,nj
    Everybody has dreams like my wife would stop complaining about not lifting the toilet seat when i take a piss

11. HappyHardCore

HappyHardCore Light Load Member

Mar 19, 2007
    They are a training company, and for the most part any training company is the same. But we all gotta start some where, right? Don't worry about pay, home time, equipment, they are all going to promise you stuff, and break most of their promises. Probably go with who ever hires you plus can get you home for home time, ie Terminal near by so you don't have to travel far.

Get your 1 year exp, and then figure out your options from there.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.