Werner

Discussion in 'Werner' started by mtrcitykid, Mar 5, 2009.

1. Nascar_Bobby

Nascar_Bobby Light Load Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Lima, OH
    mtrcitykid, I tried to look you up. There were only 10 people in orientation. No one said they were from Virginia. I may of been to busy signing those papers. Maybe Canada got to me. LOL. Also, I do understand you may not have time until Saturday to reply. That is the way it is sometimes. Right now I am delayed at a shipper.

BOL,

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. AdamT2k

AdamT2k Light Load Member

Feb 6, 2009
    Minneapolis, MN
    Hi all. I too chose Werner and started orientation a month ago in Omaha. Got my trainer 2 days after orientation ended. Good guy, good trainer although he was relatively new to Werner. This is what he told me to expect: 48 state OTR will have no openings. You'll go home and sit, or remain on the truck for trainee pay. The only way you'll get assigned a tractor is if you're assigned a dedicated route that needs drivers, and those are based off where you live. I was going to stick it out and see if things improved after my 300, but unfortunately due to events at home I had to get off the truck and fly home. Hopefully you all have no problems getting assigned a truck/route. Stay in contact with your SDM to see what's available and get your name on waiting lists if need be.

Git_R_Done and luvtheroad Thank this.
  4. StrawberryWine_SC

StrawberryWine_SC Light Load Member

Feb 8, 2009
    Williamston, SC
    I FINALLY got my CDL today. I leave for the Lithia Springs (Atlanta), GA terminal this Sunday. Wish me luck :) It's my turn now.......I'll keep y'all updated as I can.

5. steveluc3

steveluc3 Bobtail Member

Nov 14, 2008
    wintersville, ohio
    Does anyone know if they are currently hiring inexperienced drivers and by that I mean i've had my cdl since July 07 but I have very little flatbed exp and I've been at a class B for the last 18 months.

6. Crotts Trucking

Crotts Trucking Medium Load Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Duncan, AZ
    If you Have a class A, but just been using it as a Class B, than I wouldnt see why a smaller company wouldnt hire you, might need a few more months (2 Years) but a good solid 18 months of work history should get you a job. I know 2-3 here in AZ that would probably hire you.

7. Crotts Trucking

Dec 23, 2008
    Duncan, AZ
    I know you arent going to move here, but i was just saying that so you know, you can probably get a job up there. the Smaller the company the better.

8. deeman1977

deeman1977 Bobtail Member

Feb 26, 2009
    queen creek, az
    I live in arizona can you tell me what the 2-3 jobs that are hiring here

Crotts Trucking Thanks this.
  9. dragonmatrix

dragonmatrix Medium Load Member

Sep 20, 2007
    Las Vegas, NV.
    Good Luck StrawberryWine !!!!!

StrawberryWine_SC Thanks this.
  10. Crotts Trucking

Dec 23, 2008
    Duncan, AZ
    Bulk Transport, Safford,AZ Hauling Sulfuric Acid in tank from Globe, AZ to Safford, AZ. Hazmat required
    B.J. Cecil Trucking, Claypool,AZ Sulfuric Acid, end dumps, Flatbeds
    Travis Trucking, Duncan, AZ Flatbed, local from El paso to Phoenix, and OTR if no local work.

deeman1977 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.