Werner

Discussion in 'Werner' started by mtrcitykid, Mar 5, 2009.

1. Jacob6875

Jacob6875 Light Load Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Springfield, IL
    You should be fine then. Werner treats me almost as an OTR driver eventho I am "Midwest regional"

This week for example I went from. Chicago, Il to Iowa City, IA to Columbus,OH to SE penn somewhere then to montreal, canada then to some city 250 miles north of toronto in Canada and now im going near atlanta, GA.

Now I have no idea if that is typical but those are the type of distances I usualy run on midwest regional.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. chevytruckin77

chevytruckin77 Bobtail Member

Jan 14, 2009
    Manchester,TN
    sound like osme pretty nice runs! how long have you been with werner?

4. Jacob6875

Sep 13, 2008
    Springfield, IL
    since the middle of september

5. BadMotherTrucker

BadMotherTrucker Bobtail Member

Nov 24, 2008
    St. Helens, Oregon
    Hey, don't know me but I finished my 300 last Tuesday. I got home Friday, called in this morning and was assigned a truck already. The best thing you can do is be the first one calling right when they open in the morning. As far as a wait list I was told there isn't actually a list you just have to call in. That may be different for your area of the country though. I guess the four week wait they originally told me is out the window right now because this week freight happened to go up. Kinda reminds of the the stock market:) Anyway good luck and keep your spirits up, trucks really are out there....

6. ordinaryguy

ordinaryguy Light Load Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Indianapolis, IN
    wooooo montreal, i bet that was fun huh, I never did get to go to quebec when i was otr with werner, since i am now on a dedicated account, no more canada. Crossing back into Detroit always sucked heh

7. AdamT2k

AdamT2k Light Load Member

Feb 6, 2009
    Minneapolis, MN
    Sorry to be negative, but it's unlikely you'll be assigned a truck after your 300. 48 state isn't hiring, your only hope is getting on a waiting list for something dedicated in your area. About a month ago I got off my trainer's truck and flew home when even my trainer confirmed that there are no openings. I figured spending that much time in training only to have nothing available at the end was too big of a gamble. Hopefully for some of you though, you'll prove me wrong. A friend of mine in a few hours of finishing his 300, and his SDM has been telling him there's nothing open. Good luck to those of you who already started. Those of you awaiting orientation, maybe call back company #2 on your list.

8. Jacob6875

Sep 13, 2008
    Springfield, IL
    It largely depends where you live. Call driver placement tell them your zipcode and they can tell you if there are any dedicated runs in your area. You can do this before you even go to orientation if you want to.

9. StrawberryWine_SC

StrawberryWine_SC Light Load Member

Feb 8, 2009
    Williamston, SC
    I'm glad to read that everyone is doing good with there training. I wish I was out there with y'all. I'm now 24 weeks pregnant and doing well. I wish all y'all the best.

10. kheebl

kheebl Bobtail Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Rosemount, Minnesota
    do you happen to have the number for driver placement? i am in training right now, but i'm curious whats available in my area.

11. hunts2much

hunts2much Medium Load Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Michigan
    1-800-346-2818. That is for recruiting/driver placement. If I remember right off the top of my head you dial #2 when prompted for driver placement.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.