Werner's DAC entry FROM a driver...

Discussion in 'Werner' started by ghostranger5of7, Sep 2, 2010.

1. ghostranger5of7

ghostranger5of7 Light Load Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Springdale, AR
    In the spirit of this thread, I'll put this post ina format and content roughly similar to a DAC entry. (Most drivers will know what that means...)

Reason for dishcarge: Stillbirth of driver's child was not sufficient to warrant downtime, and was not covered by FMLA. Driver discharged for low productivity but is rehirable.

Employer's record: Failed to meet driver hometime policy.
    Employer's record: Refused to meet layover pay obligations.
    Employer's record: Violation of FMCSR law. Operations specifically ordered driver to operate CMV after being notified 30hours had elapsed since last sleep.
    Employer's record: Violation of federal DOT law by instructing driver alter electronic log. (Log falsification)
    Employer's record: Falsified statistics in driver review. (later corrected by other personnel.)
    Employer's record: Disregarded report of employee theft of driver's property.
    Employer's record: Violation of federal law by retaliation to driver's "2 week" notice.
    Employer's record: Disregarded driver notification of CDL's coming expiration untill driver filed formal complaints.

LoL. I could go on, but I'm limiting this to some things that were on the qualcomm.... Werner has a few positive points, but not many. They're a pretty cold hearted bunch.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. gsmith2332

gsmith2332 Light Load Member

Jul 11, 2010
    OKC
    Doesn't sound like a great place to work.

4. ghostranger5of7

ghostranger5of7 Light Load Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Springdale, AR
    Overall, it wasn't a good place no. I had a couple good D.M.'s during my time there, but... They were the exception rather than the rule.

An example of the squabbling that drivers DON'T see among the office folks is the reaction to my '2week' notice. When I gave it, my DM Carl got REALLY irate. The guy went on a tirade about how he'd 'jump through hoops' for me, quoted pretty aweful performance statistics, then told me to pack up and 'walk home'... (I already had another job lined up)
    After switching managers, I got my OFFICIAL performance review. :biggrin_2559: That check included bonuses for high mileage and fuel economy.... Turns out Carl would be losing HIS bonus for me quitting so was trying to stick someone else with the 'shaft'.
    -----------------------

For a beginner though.... Werner's not THAT bad as a start-up experience. They've got good equipment and plenty of freight... And ample moments for a driver to practice NOT losing his temper. lol :biggrin_25525: Just make sure your trainer has AT LEAST one year of experience, and stick to your guns if you've decided to ask for a different guy.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.