west coast swiftys

Discussion in 'Swift' started by koncrete cowboy, Dec 15, 2013.

1. Joschmotrucker

Joschmotrucker Light Load Member

Apr 17, 2012
    TN
    You have to be Platinum to mac 30.

DocWatson Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DocWatson

DocWatson Road Train Member

Jan 21, 2010
    Jersey shore
    Yup. My goal.

I've gotten stuck in Sumner before and that is my home terminal. I rarely go "home". I've heard of other drivers getting stuck there as well. Let's not even get into the parking situation, at least last time I was there. I'm going out there for some hometime/motorcycle time end of next month and I'm actually developing an anxiety order just thinking of trying to get back on the road out of there.

Sometimes they will deadhead you out of there down towards Oregon or somewhere where there is more freight.

4. Luse

Luse Medium Load Member

Nov 8, 2010
    Middle of nowhere Montana
    Mac 30 can be very cryptic, with the pu/del times. 80% of the times are plus1 times what the computer thinks you should be there. And it does not show a lot just trip number times and drop or live load city state and miles

Last edited: Jan 12, 2014
    DocWatson Thanks this.
  5. DocWatson

Jan 21, 2010
    Jersey shore
    Its still gotta be better to have the Mac 30 option than to not right? I would love to be able to at least have it plus the platinum bonus check

6. Joschmotrucker

Apr 17, 2012
    TN
    Don't let him talk you out of it. It definitely has it's benefits. You can still call your DM before you accept and try to get the real times.

DocWatson Thanks this.
  7. Joschmotrucker

Apr 17, 2012
    TN
    Should mention that if you can stand to stay with Swift long enough and can hang onto Platinum long enough to become Diamond is when it all starts paying off. I've seen the trucks the Diamond drivers get to drive. Nice! Plus 6 cents a mile performance bonus.

DocWatson Thanks this.
  8. Luse

Luse Medium Load Member

Nov 8, 2010
    Middle of nowhere Montana
    I am a diamond driver the trucks are no different other then a diamond on the side. If they are then I might need to talk to my dm about it lol

DocWatson Thanks this.
  9. DocWatson

Jan 21, 2010
    Jersey shore
    I've been nagging for miles to get me to platinum status almost from when I started solo 9 months ago. Partially may fault as I've turned down a couple of loads in the past but not often. Usually I Mac 9 it with an adjusted time if anything. Still I reside between silver and bronze. Drives me nuts because I know of 3 other drivers whom finished the Swift academy with me and have maintained platinum status for a while and they basically went gold almost right out the door going solo. I envy their Mac 30 access. My current DM works on getting my status up and I believe him but my previous "developmental" DM used to say it takes a year at least to get platinum status. Recently I told my new DM that I will stay running for 2 months before taking home time to assist in getting me miles - usually I take home time after 3-4 weeks out on the road. Its frustrating. Can't ever get Diamond status if I can't climb past bronze or silver.

10. Joschmotrucker

Apr 17, 2012
    TN
    Well I've never had a Cascadia Evolution or a KW T680 as a company driver. What you driving?

11. Joschmotrucker

Apr 17, 2012
    TN
    Doc, don't be afraid to talk with your terminal manager about a change in DMs if you aren't succeeding as you think you should. If nobody wants to help you at your terminal, switch terminals. It's no big deal. I just did it a couple months ago.

DocWatson Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.