Western express equipment

Discussion in 'Western Express' started by Commuter69, Nov 23, 2015.

1. Commuter69

Commuter69 Road Train Member

Jul 2, 2014
    Does anyone have pictures, or a link to them, of the typical interior of a newer cab????

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TruckDuo

TruckDuo Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    I know you can have Direct TV in the truck if you pay for the monthly subscription.

FreeFlyin Thanks this.
  4. damutt

damutt Road Train Member

May 6, 2013
    just your std basic volvo(van only) or cascadia(van/flat) and i THINK they are going all auto

5. Lightside

Lightside Medium Load Member

Jul 4, 2015
    Do you know if they are getting Volvo Autos?

6. iceman32

iceman32 Medium Load Member

Sep 26, 2014
    The Northeast are phasing into Volvo autos. Volvos are shorter, length wise and are better for them 90 degree or jackx3 backing setups.

Trainers are set with the freightliner cascadia evolution autos. The satellite WE use is epicvue I believe.

The satellite sticks out a bit, more than the tractor ferns. Ive seen WE drivers with newer trucks and their kingping settings are set back to the settings of a 2010 cascadia. More wider turns because of it.

Lightside Thanks this.
  7. Lightside

Jul 4, 2015
    Do you work for them currently? Thinking of going with them to start off with. I have my CDL already.

8. damutt

damutt Road Train Member

May 6, 2013
    You can do a lot better than WE if you have a,clean record. Not sure we're you live but @Chinatown cam prob help find you a better company

truckwhispers and Lightside Thank this.
  9. iceman32

iceman32 Medium Load Member

Sep 26, 2014
    No I don't. I work for a private LTL trucking company. Im just researching and acquiring data amongst the notorious trucking companies. Im planning to write a "from the drivers point of view" research blog or guide in response to ATA's Truck Driver Analysis 2015 data.

I know for a fact, the reason why WE is pushing drivers for flatbed is because of Poland Springs in ME, and it is WE's biggest account. Poland Springs is van freight but theyll soon go out of business, corruption wise. Poland springs has already lost its facility and production in Hollis Center, its only a matter of time before #### hits the ceiling.

Lightside Thanks this.
  10. Lightside

Jul 4, 2015
    Well I've already had plenty of help from Chinatown and I'd not want to be a bother anymore. I was just curious is all. I know I could do better but really the only companies that offered me work out of CDL school were Werner, Swift, WE, Schneider, Knight and Navajo. Most of the better companies are back East. Out of the hiring area. As for the few good ones in the West, they wouldn't take me due to inconsistent work history (worked a lot of min wage crap jobs) I do have a clean record though.

A lot recommended Swift over the other 3 mega carriers but, as Chinatown pointed out, they have driver cams. Only other company I have considered is Jim Palmer Reefer but they want me to sign a year contract to them after training. Roehl was another choice but I don't want to do flatbed. I am considering WE because of the 4 week training which is the lowest I've seen.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2015
  11. mcgirl

mcgirl Bobtail Member

Nov 15, 2015
    Monroe mi
    im planning on getting my cdl next then going to WE for orientation. I have read alot of bad and good about the company. I also watched alot of YouTube videos. Some were good others were bad. Im excited to be starting

Lightside Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.