Western Express Flatbed Drivers

Discussion in 'Western Express' started by Raildawg, Dec 1, 2010.

1. Raildawg

Raildawg Bobtail Member

Sep 2, 2010
    OhiO
    Waiting to go to orientation with W E, but waitng on a trainer.

Can anyone tell me what to expect in Nashville? Physical agility test, tarp lift test, etc. , etc.?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Bumpy

Bumpy Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2009
    New Ulm,MN
    All I know that if ones BMI is to high you WILL be sent home that same day.....( that #%^%# sleep apnea thing)

4. Espressolane

Espressolane Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Just south of the north 40
    Do you have any flatbed experience?

Unless they have changed things in the last few months, they do not do any kind of physical ability testing.

5. lovesthedrive

lovesthedrive R.I.P.

Nov 11, 2008
    Sorrento Maine
    You will train in Birmingham. A fellow by the name of Stumpy was running it in summer 2007. Very little hands on work, lots of videos, some good discussions, takeout burgers for lunch. Trainer may take 2 -3 weeks to get to you. I saw a lot of guys leave just because they were too bored to wait.

6. jammerfish

jammerfish Bobtail Member

Oct 15, 2010
    Carlisle, PA
    you get a 3 day class in Nashville that is very informative. even for someone with 17 years experience. that ability test is lifting the tarp on the flat bed and chaining down a 50,000 coil....if you have experience you will be bussed somewhere to recover a truck. if not you will sit and wait on your trainer. to come get you....

7. psnel

psnel Bobtail Member

Feb 18, 2011
    If you go Flat bed you get paid a little bit,speaking of little bit,the pay is little,in fact all drives get paid the same. I Haven't been with them very long..I talked to a driver that has 20 yrs experience and he gets paid the same as I do. I only have 5 yr. Why are all these companies paying about the same,its hard to make any. Money.

8. erap2012

erap2012 Bobtail Member

Feb 28, 2012
    non experienced western flatbed trainers who you dont want
    if you are given Gene Thompson truck number 2844
    request another trainer do not leave the nasville terminal
    with him on his truck as an eval or student he has a bad
    temper is very mean and you won't learn from him
    all he cares about is the miles hes gonna get from you

9. jessejames1986

jessejames1986 Bobtail Member

Sep 26, 2010
    Norwich NY
    If your lookin for a great flat bed trainer ask for Ellis Montgomery. I had him as mine although I was an e Val and wasn't with him long. I can still tell he knows his stuff. I'm headed back to western on Saturday after 5 months off. I was told I could get right back in a truck. But if a recruiter is talkin there probley lieng. So we shall see

10. sdaniel

sdaniel Road Train Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Pelham N.C.
    Off the topic. But why is western selling off flatbed trucks (2012s) they just got a few months ago? Look at the truckpaper.

11. TnVols Trucking

TnVols Trucking Light Load Member

Sep 6, 2012
    Nashville, Tn
    If you live in Nashville, can you wait at the house while you are waiting on a trainer, or do you gave to be at the terminal all day?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.