Western Express or Swift?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Rocknroller4, Apr 18, 2019.

1. ibcalm19

ibcalm19 Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2015
    Pennsylvania
    I guess some want to jump the lineo_O:D:D

Veryblessed and Chinatown Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. The Gels

The Gels Light Load Member

Apr 13, 2019
    Shreveport, Louisiana
    You can go live there if you want. There were guys that had been failing CDL licensing living in their dorms for months. I almost wonder how many people are just homeless.

Veryblessed and Bakerman Thank this.
  4. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    This is good advice.....I always say, all companies have ambassadors and complainers. It's nothing wrong with going to work for either outfit. At the end of the day, trucking is trucking

Veryblessed Thanks this.
  5. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    Its weird man. So many people read reviews and define their experience by what is read. I know drivers that like working there too. I liked it when I was there. I got my start there and actually made money there

6. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Years ago I worked for XpressCo which was a coast to coast flatbed company. Wayne Wise started the company and he's the same man that started Western Express. My experience there was good and provided a job when I really needed one. Western Express fills a niche that is needed for some drivers that have problems in their past and should be appreciated for that.

7. ibcalm19

ibcalm19 Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2015
    Pennsylvania
    I got my start at Western many moons ago. I made money back then ran hard. I had a great Dm & his dad was the safety guy. We ran good & remained friends. I appreciated Western for giving me an opportunity when others wouldn't because my license had a few strikes on it. We live in America still the land of great opportunities make the best of where ever you go.

8. Flat Earth Trucker

Flat Earth Trucker Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2018
    I'm not feeling so hot.:pukeleft::pukeright:

Veryblessed Thanks this.
  9. take your choice do you want to be treated like crap and a number where nobody cares about you and bosses you around? then head on over to Centennial place in Nashville. Western Express is just right for you.
    or do you want to not only be a number but be babysat and have your handheld everywhere you go telling you what to do? take a look at the side of the trucks...
    place Ifta the sticker here. don't do this and don't do that...YADA YADA YADA we got the camera watching you.. then go to Knight Swift. or any of their affiliates Barr Nunn, Sky
    in my opinion:
    both are six of one or half dozen of the other

Veryblessed Thanks this.
  10. darinmac38

darinmac38 Light Load Member

Feb 2, 2019
    I thought it was illegal for anyone to sleep anywhere but the bottom bunk when the truck is moving? So how do they get away with that?

11. lovesthedrive

lovesthedrive R.I.P.

Nov 11, 2008
    Sorrento Maine
    LOL with out thinking about it

NEITHER!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.