Western Express or Willis Shaw Express?

Discussion in 'Western Express' started by bryan21384, Jan 3, 2010.

1. Experienced Newbie

Experienced Newbie Bobtail Member

Apr 9, 2010
    Western told me they want me to start May 1, 2010. I have a wife and son, so I don't mind running hard.....we need the money. This will be my first trucking job, I just finished 20 weeks of training at Nettts. It is a great school. The downside is you work like you are getting paid. The goodside.....it prepares you for hard work in the trucking industry. As far as running illegal.....I would report it to DOT before I found myself unemployed. Anyways.....I was looking for some advice, as this is my first trucking job.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    If you don't mind running hard you will definitely do it on the flatbed end. I don't know about dry van. I have heard a lot of different stories from dry van.

4. LivingOverTheRoad

LivingOverTheRoad Bobtail Member

Jun 2, 2010
    In A Truck, USA
    Okay...I'll be with WE soon. I'll post updates as to how it goes. For the record, I've been in a truck since 1984. Talking to their drivers, I've really heard nothing bad about them. I'll be on their western division. More to come...

5. LivingOverTheRoad

LivingOverTheRoad Bobtail Member

Jun 2, 2010
    In A Truck, USA
    Started orientation on Monday. So far, so good. Nobody lording over anyone, talking down to drivers, and so on. About the worst I can say is the bus trip from Spokane, WA to here was miserable - 4 transfers, and about 2 dozen stops (I'm doing orientation in Fontana.) Pretty straight-forward, no BS, just mostly filling out paperwork and going over it. A more relaxed atmosphere than most, and they answer questions honestly, with no fluff or flim-flam.
    More to come...

6. jtrnr1951

jtrnr1951 Road Train Member

Bussed in from Spokane, to go to Western Express in Fontana ????

I wish you well my friend !!!!!!

Some folks do pretty good there, please keep us updated !!!!

Half a Load Thanks this.
  7. JimDriv3r

JimDriv3r Road Train Member

Aug 2, 2009
    Is
    Show me more than 10 smart drivers that hang out at the same place all at one time and I will auction off the Pacific Ocean on eBay. :biggrin_255:

Half a Load Thanks this.
  8. jpmoney44

jpmoney44 Bobtail Member

Aug 27, 2010
    Huntingdon, TN
    Im try to make a decision between Western Express or USA Truck which is a good company to choose?

9. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    I just recently left Western Express flatbed for a different company. All and all its not a bad company. Be prepared for a few things: you will have to run hard and at times illegal to make money with them. It will also be hard to get home. They do tell you out 2 to 3 weeks with a day off for each week out but you'll stay out at least a month or more. I did run from Memorial Day throughout most of the summer but freght was so good that I could not miss out on that money. The pay is low, but you will get miles, miles, miles, and more miles!!! I would go flatbed, if i were going to go back to them. My only complaint with them is that it is hard to get home. You get to a point to where its time to go home. There are dispatchers that don't care, but I would give them a shot

10. Rug_Trucker

Rug_Trucker Road Train Member

Aug 7, 2009
    Near Nashville TN
    Where you at now Bryan?

11. jpmoney44

jpmoney44 Bobtail Member

Aug 27, 2010
    Huntingdon, TN
    Thanks man for your opinion!!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.