Western Express or Willis Shaw Express?

Discussion in 'Western Express' started by bryan21384, Jan 3, 2010.

1. Okiecountryboy

Okiecountryboy Bobtail Member

Jul 31, 2011
    Amber oklahoma
    Can anyone give me a update on what western is paying for new flatbed drivers? I don't need to hear how people are getting screwed or how they were treated. I just want to know there pay and what miles you guys are getting running flatbeds? I am in Oklahoma so I know they don't have a lot of dry vans out here in the central states but if any of you know her Amber from midwest told me that I would be put into here flatbed division because of my home state. I use to drive but got out of it because of my children but now they are grown I cen go back out. So if anyone can give me some insight on pay and mileage in there flatbed division I would greatly appreciate it.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. beejay334

beejay334 Bobtail Member

Oct 27, 2010
    brundidge,usa
    Well I run vans and loaded out of mount juliet,tn friday to fontana,ca del 2day and reloaded out of fontana and now on my way 2 ft.pierce,fl so we runnin!!!

4. Rug_Trucker

Rug_Trucker Road Train Member

Aug 7, 2009
    Near Nashville TN
    Isn't Melton out of Tulsa?

Better call any company you are interested in and see if they require a refresher course. Swift will probably hire you with out one. You will ride with a "mentor."

5. Okiecountryboy

Jul 31, 2011
    Amber oklahoma
    Majority of all the companies including swift want you to do a refresher course. I have a long time friend who owner ops for swift. I already called them. I am in refresher courses now so i,ll be all good by next week. In already got a pre hire from western express that's why I asking about em. I have experience in flatbed so it seems like a logical choice. I know there are other companies out there but I still have a few speed bumps to get over before I can go to a good paying company. It seems from what I read the flatbed division at western get slot of miles.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2011
  6. Rug_Trucker

Rug_Trucker Road Train Member

Aug 7, 2009
    Near Nashville TN
    Swift does have flat beds. And they require you to run legal.

Western Express? Unless they are electronic.............

7. Okiecountryboy

Jul 31, 2011
    Amber oklahoma
    western Express is now doing elogs so im not to worried about runnong illegal.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.